Monday 31 March 2014

family reunion 2

"Why do we have to attend this silly reunions anyway" Karl lamented as he dropped another set of clothes in his travelling box, "I mean,what do they do there,aside traumatizing Mom,enduring sneers and jealousy amongst sisters-in-law,comparing acquisitions of vanity and mother-in-law barking new sets of rules and screaming down our lungs whoever of her daughters-in-law gets married forfeits her share of the family inheritance,bla bla bla" he whined,putting more clothes in his travel box,Hamz smiled,lying down on the bed with his hands clasped behind his head in a relaxing mood, "you didn't call her ur grandma,simply mother-in-law,haha,face it bro,she's ur grandma n no longer Mom's mother-in-law" QT who was coming in at the moment from the corridor smiled and nodded in confirmation, Karl pushed me to join in the conversation,saying "Maj! What do u think of all these,we should boycott these silly reunions,I hate dad's mom", I paused from "pinging" my friend keme who I jokingly call kemediorkpa,looking abit confused but aware they were talking about the family reunions,after a brief pause and expectant faces of my brothers waiting for my take on the matter,I responded " c'mon brothers,its just a week out of a year,we would survive,let's not forget we have our trust funds to protect and grams hates Mom,she won't hesitate to strip us of our trust funds if we don't show and accuse Mom of stoping us from coming" Hamz laughed and agreed, "I so much need the money bros,with the state of unemployment in this country and broke situation of majority of people,I could use some trust fund that by virtue of being a male child and d ADAGIRI blood flowing through me,I rightly deserve,a week I agree with Maj wouldn't kill me,am use to drama by now" everyone smiled except Karl who was still sad about travelling the hundreds of kilometers to the countryside, "cheer up bro!" QT said patting him on the back, as Karl rubbed his eyes,pretending to be crying and dropping some boxers into his bag as I shrieked,"U HAVEN'T WASHED THIS BOXERS,TAKE THEM OFF!" QT and Hamz laughed saying they really much loved that I bring the feminine touch to the fold with my squeaky clean ways and cooking the food,etc. Mom was in her room,whenever we approach setting out on the trip to our hometown,she feels so sad and forlorn and she can't help it,her monster-in-law is truly a monster
        QT and Karl checked the toyota venza Mom's ex gave her as birthday gift to ensure all is well before we engage on our journey,my friend keme and I kept chatting on bbm,he's quite a funny guy hunged on his good looks which at first is admirable but I kept help but taunt his declining looks,as this went on,I got a text from Aaliyah,my date for valentine,remember fans? Telling me of her disappointment in me and feeling used and dumped even after helping me "smoothen" my ego and saving me from an embarrassing situation in my house and not only that,learning of my sleeping with isioma from a mutual friend of theirs,OMG! The pure water I was drinking and held with my teeth fell off my mouth,she regretted knowing me and wants me to loose her number and henceforth stay away,"goodness God" I thought, as I looked up looking scared at the thought of me staying away,QT asked what was wrong as Karl looked at me and Hamz busy loading the car boot with luggages all took breaks from what they were doing and staring at me,I explained all Aaliyah said and asked for their opinion,Hamz laughed saying "bro, just accept ok,its over,Aaliyah just dumped ur ass....OUCH!" ,"its not funny Hamz,seriously its not funny" I retorted, "but u guys weren't exactly official" Karl asked, "well yea we weren't but we were moving towards that,she trips for me but I don't kno,I feel awkward cos her brother is a close friend of mine and if things fess up and we break up,it might spoil things between her brother and I" I replied, QT came towards me and patting me on the shoulders,he said "if u really care about this girl,don't let ur friendship with her brother be an hindrance,just go for it", I felt a wave of determination sweep through me gingering me up to go get my girl but Karl adviced otherwise,saying I needed to take it slow,QT and Hamz both said no at the same time,Hamz asked me to go for it,that was all the motivation I needed as I started on my way,running towards the gate to get a cab to take me to Aaliyah's house, "WHERE ARE U GOING TO?" Karl shouted after me, "I WOULD SOON BE BACK" I shouted back as I ran out,Mom was descending the stairs,coming towards the car as she asked if we were all set,my brothers looked at each other,stammering,not knowing what to say,"what's the problem?" She asked,looking confused ,"where's Maj?"....KEEP UP

2 comments:

  1. Great write up.....Nice line......I love the suspense.the only prob am having is am so addicted I check everytime to see if a new episode has bin added to it pls try update it daily or weekly then u will get morre people here......thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahahha mehn that is serious

    ReplyDelete