Saturday 22 March 2014

Eery 2

...Karl yanked the door open and we rushed out and went straight to Mom's room, we opened the door and went in,QT and Hamz came in after us,sitting on the bed,grabbing her duvet to herself,Mom was shaking on the bed and pointing towards the mirror where she usually applied makeup and all,we all looked towards the side and saw nothing,Mom was stammering,I went to her and embraced her and telling her to calm down,quietly asking her if she had a nightmare,she shook her head saying no,gently saying she saw our late dad standing near the mirror,my brothers smiled and said Mom simply had a nightmare,Mom shook her head vigorously,hitting the bed and screaming, "DO U THINK AM A KID?I CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN NIGHTMARE AND REALITY?" "Mom pls calm down" I said calmly,Karl,QT and Hamz apologised as Hamz rolled his eyes,I made an angry face at him,he turned his mouth at the corners and they slowly filed out of the room,I stayed with Mom still. As QT grabbed the door knob and tried to open the door,the door pulled back fast n shut itself,my brothers quickly moved back,Mom n I jolted up from the bed "YOU SEE THAT!! YOU SEE THAT!!!" Mom said pointing at what just happened,we all moved back towards the master's bedroom's toilet as we began praying,wind blowing into the room making whistling sounds, "the bracelet!!" Hamz exclaimed, "throw it away Mom" ,"yea Mom,that's a good idea,pls throw it away" I said, "what bracelet?" Karl asked,we looked all around for the bracelet as we kept praying but couldn't find it,the wind kept howling,it was truly eery,I've never seen my muscle flexing brothers so pale and scared out of their minds before,the hairs on Karl's head seem to literally stand upright,goose pimples all over our bodies,Hamz made for the light switch to switch on the light in the room but the bulbs blew as he did,security lights from the compound reflected in and served as the only way of seeing our way around the room abit, suddenly Karl sighted a dark silhouette on the wall,it looked like a floaty shadow of a man,Mom was shaking uncontrollably by now,the wind got cooler,I was mumbling quranic verses,It all felt so surreal and unbelievable but it was happening,we only see stuffs like this on tv but here we are,sons and mother trapped in their room by fear,wind whistling,dark floaty shadow of a man floating on the wall around the house,what were we to do,my phone was with me and I flicked it on,trying to make a distress call to neighbors, "tan tan tan tan" no call reception, "what?" I thought,this room which normally has full bars of network,wow,something is going on, "make the damn phone call son" Mom whsipered, "no network mom,no network,the floaty man has zapped the network" Mom bursted into tears,wiping her tears with her two hands,she hesitated abit then she spoke out "Ahmed,our sons and I did you no wrong,you know we love you deeply but uve gone to be with the lord,you are scaring us,pls just go away,we've taken solace in God and believed you've gone to a better place,u scaring me ahmed,I love you babe but just go,pls ahmed sweet", like magic,the wind stopped blowing,but it all seem to vanish behind the curtain and a figure of a man can be seen behind the curtain,Karl was already drooling on his pyjamas in paralysing fear,I've never seen him looked so white,my hands were sweaty, Hamz cowered under my arms, "is that u ahmed?" Mom said,almost whispering, a slightly strong wind blew towards us from the window as we all screamed "LAHI LAHA ILLALAU", Hamz had started crying,but I couldn't cry,I was just too numb and shocked to cry,I wish I could cry but the tears seem not to flow, "Maj! Are u not going to cry?" Hamz asked,with my arm around his neck as he shivered under me,I gave him a look lk did-u-just-asked-that?, everything quieten down abit,Mom asked the same question again but we got no response,it was as though I was watching an episode of paranormal activities or one of those films,I rushed into Mom's toilet as my family thought the floaty man was coming for us and ran after me,I took the jar of sea salt Mom uses to sterilise her toilet seat,I opened it,dipped my hand into and took a handful,went out n poured towards the curtain,the windowm made a shaking sound like someone wants to pull the louvres out and everything went still and the lights came on as Karl squealed in terror at the sudden turn on of lights, Mom thanked God and we all joined her to thank God,Karl turned to me and asked us to go back to our room,I looked at him like he just said something so stupid,I jumped on Mom's bed,"am not leaving this room" ,we all climbed on the bed,meditating and saying silent prayers as mom who was crying would occasionally wipe her tears,sniffing and mumbling prayers,Mom called few relatives and she urged us to stay calm, suddenly "ALLAHU AKBAR.." And we all screamed again before realising it was the call to prayer in a nearby mosque,we looked at each other,wanting to laugh but yet couldn't n we climbed the bed again and one by one,we drifted to sleep....KEEP UP

No comments:

Post a Comment