Friday 18 August 2017

Headed for the stars?

When the guardians of heaven on the command of God banished ibliss and his accomplices who were equally former angels whom he tainted with his mischievous ideas to revolt against God from paradise to earth thus regarded as the fallen angels, they fell in great thuds in different places on earth, regrouped, took on human skin and lived amongst humans, taking beautiful female humans as wives and their offspring, a hybrid of human and angel, became giants.

Apparently more knowledgeable and powerful than mere mortals, they seemed to the rest of humankind as geniuses and  taught humans about the stars and their meaning and how it rules every aspect of our lives, romance, success or failures, dreams and aspiration, etc, assigning signs and demi gods to each star and its month thus we came about astrology. Unknown to us, they didn't give us this knowledge because they were fond of us, instead, it was to sow a seed of a growing rebellion in us for having as much knowledge about our own destinies and beings as God does because apparently God put a certain spirit in all humans of being able to choose between good and bad, something the devil hates which enables us to gravitate towards spiritual induced events that happens to us by default.

Growing up, I was pretty enamored with astrology and how almost accurate the daily readings from the astrology sites I signed up to were and for a pretty long while, based and looked forward to happenings in my life, negative or positive based on what I had read. After a while, I outgrew my obsession with astrology I guess due to religious opinions about it which abhorred it and just moved on with life but I never forgot the lessons it taught me and my knowledge of astrology never faded which as an advantage, always comes in handy sometimes in my journey through life especially on a day like this when I need to apply my knowledge of astrology in intervening in the budding love story between my half-brother Karl and Shalewa, the alleged city hoe!


After what transpired in RUMOUR HAS IT between Amina and I at the eatery about Karl seeing Shalewa and confronting Karl about it and his shocking reaction, it spurred me even more to do something about it before we become the butt of jokes about my half-brother dating the neighborhood's pass-around, call me a nosey punk if you like but I know the people in my street and they are deft at throwing jibes that reach the soul. So I set out on my fix-it mission by first of all searching her out on Facebook and to my horror, she's a friend to Karl already as they are already friends so I added her as a friend and ransacked her wall to get her phone number so as to call her, I saved the number then went to take my shower.

By the time I was done with my shower and dressing up, I checked up my Facebook wall again and saw she had already confirmed my request and sent me a message exclaiming excitedly calling me her brother-in-law with a "lol", I sent a smile emoticon and told her we needed to meet up at an eatery and talk, she asked if all was well and I said yes,

 "We just need to talk some Karl business"

 She agreed to meet so we immediately set out to the venue, arriving decked out in flared floral pants and a crop top with blonde weave and on seeing each other, gave each other a brief hug, blowing kisses to the sides of our cheeks and took our seats.

"So what's this Karl business all about?"

She asked with a grin, I didn't return the grin, my face was as stern as it could be, I made sure I went straight to the point without mincing words,

"Why did you choose to convince Karl to keep things silent about you both's new status as a couple? Don't you think that's a little shady? Considering I heard this from whispers on the street"

Her cheerful face went into a frown, asking me what I was implying by that, I went,

"No offense darling but the public perception about you isn't very comforting, I'm here looking to have my brother's back even if he's clearly blinded by his choices",

Her face darkened with rage,

"How dare you look me in the face and say that and if I can guess, he doesn't know you're here doing this does he? Why are you such a drama queen out of all your brothers, Maj? And it was his idea for us to keep things very low profile to avoid snarks like you who would want to poison our love Oh! So should we start trading scandals and allegations here now huh? Should we start with how you're effeminate and probably swing both ways with women and men huh? And don't you dare put all these on your silly blog You sneaky bitch!"

I scoffed with shock and irritation,

 "That's your comeback to take me offguard huh? To ride on the bandwagon of rumours to get even with me and calling me a bitch to booth? If I wasn't a man who doesn't hit women, I would have dealt you a dirty slap your teeth would fall off, you dirty thing trying to take advantage of my sweet brother's innocence about your shady, debaucherous ways, seeing he's oyinbo with different values and trying to leech unto him, you BITCH"

Shalewa flicked her blonde weave to the back like a sassy diva and said with a straight face that it was Karl's decision to make...

"Are you a maaaaaan? Ehn, are you? Here doing amebo over your brother's choice of a girlfriend, and you need to stop with calling him oyinbo, granted he's dual citizen and looks more white than black but that doesn't mean he isn't part black, so take a sit darling and stop your drama queen ways, certainly, this is the kind of bad blood we were trying to avoid by keeping things lowkey till we are ready to make our public debut but apparently, the bad belles have leaked the news which has filtered to your ears, lol, I don't have time for this, I'll just put a call straight to Karl and let him know you're here, let's see how that pans out for you"

She said jeeringly, I stood calmly then slowly replied as she attempts to put a call to Karl,

"Make that call, Karl would be furious but trust me, I'll make sure your relationship with Karl comes to an abrupt end, by the time I get my mom and Karl's mom involved, trust me, you will be kept far away from him, he'll still be my brother, the question is, would you still be his girlfriend?...go ahead, make the call, let's see who looses"

Shalewa slowly stopped the call and started crying, she motioned for me to take a seat and with a smirk of victory, I obliged her and took a seat, she sat also and started to explain to me why people think she's a hoe,

"This isn't my fault Maj, I know you're a good person and just wants the best for your brother and I'm deeply sorry about all the ugly things I called you, you don't deserve it....I began to wonder to myself because as far back as I can remember, I have been waiting for mr right and thinking if it's real, is mr right out there? Am I doing the right thing saving myself for him? Is it truly worth it?,"  "I mean, I'm only 24 years old but it feels like I'm 90, values have changed and morals which were held in such high stead have sunk so low I begin to feel like an old woman reminiscing about old times when talking to my friends about our core values as women, when I tell a potential lover I'm waiting for mr right, he laughs and says it's a cheap trick to ensnare a man's affection...I began to ask myself who mr right is? Is it Kunle, my first ever sweetheart who was then 16 and I 14 whom I thought in all my innocence could ever do wrong until I realised that I had had enough of forgiving him for all the sins he seemed to be in a habit of frequently committing with the last straw being the moment I caught him with my best friend, I could just picture our relationship being a series of long lists of forgiveness, No No, I moved on. " Or is mr right Pelumi, who was sweet, showered me with love and gifts, the only problem being his fiery as flame temperament and I had to be compliant when he looses his patience and hit me, I felt I was being punished for loving him and the thought of ending up paralysed or deformed for love made me take to my heels, no brother, no more bashing" "Emeka did and said all the right things, he loved me to distraction, in fact he loved me so much that he did not want to see me with any other person, male or female, he did a weekly clean up as he fondly calls his habit of going through my address book and deleting any name that wasn't having their profession or trade or business that links then to me after their name. After a few years, I realised that the friends I had were his, I didn't have a life that wasn't his, so I chose to move on, I mean, I want an identity of my own please" "then along came Collins, I fell hopelessly in love so much I was ready to close my eyes and take a dive with him and not caring the consequences, thank God I didn't, he treated me the worse, he doesn't remember dates or special occasions and seldom calls, imagine after spending two valentine days, two birthdays and a Christmas alone, I knew I had to bolt, the prude doesn't even know where I live...so I just thought I should give Karl a chance, I'm not a hoe, I loved for the right reasons, things didn't just go as planned, pls Maj, don't judge me"

I nodded and said it was fine and would think about things before accepting her in our lives. On getting home, I went into my book of astrology and checked out Shalewa's birthday date, she's Leo and Karl is Virgo and according to astrology, opposite do attracts and their stars seem a perfect match, so I decided to calm down and see where this leads...a scandal or a fairy tale ending. The Islamic moon for the start of Ramadan was sighted that evening and the next day, the Adagiri family commenced fasting. What happens next?

KEEP UP!

8 comments:

  1. Well..well, one cant blame maj for trying to protect his sibling, no one wants some slimy hoe staining the family's rep now do we?
    -Kurt, Brussels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalewa seems a nice person, street aware but nice, let them be maj
    -Erica, summerset, england

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalewa strikes me as a shady lady with a mission, see how she slammed maj sounding like a nigerian immigrant hoe based in italy, ''are u a maaaaan...are u?'' that's hoe-behaviour
    -Ruth loose, sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. why would karl get with someone as street as that? thought karl had taste, whether she was unlucky in love or not, she still has had alot of body counts and that ain't cool, sorry i'm judging her but also, maj should know his place, it's karl's call, not his
    -Leslie Cameron, australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...i can only wait to see how this ends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meanwhile is that karl and shalewa?
    -Shalewa, Abuja

    ReplyDelete
  7. ghen ghen ghen ghen, shalewa vs maj, this showdown might not go well, lol
    -VAUGHN, PH

    ReplyDelete