Friday 1 April 2016

Dawgs have no soul 2

I kept running in circles, confused and distraught, totally at a loss at what next to do  while Garba jumped up and down, urging me to quickly call Mom, I thought I should do that but I didn't want to alarm our poor Mom at work, she's had a lot on her plate lately and I didn't want to compound her worries by breaking this news to her, assuring myself I could handle this at least to a reasonably mitigated extent before alerting Mom about it but I couldn't hear myself think as Garba practically kept shouting in my ear for me to call Mom as neighbors who had saw the whole fracas gone down began to gather to ask questions and knowing how neighbors can be with their talent at spreading gossip at an alacritious speed, I needed to save my brother's face by feeding them a false story, a rape story would not help Hamz and by extension us too so I simply jerked myself to reality as though I was initially lost in thought and told those who gathered with their faces etched with lines of fake worry that he had a fight with someone and Mom had asked the men to come and take him away to be dealt with, they sighed with relief, saying Mom was being harsh as they departed to their houses one by one.


I couldn't drive a car...yet, so I couldn't leave immediately to the police station where Hamz was taken to, so I quickly called Karl and QT who had gone to buy toiletries as well as shopping for some clothes, telling them what had happened. Clearly alarmed, they rushed home, parking at the gate and honking the car horn like hell as I rushed out, jumped into the back seat and QT drove on towards the police station as I went on narrating to them again how it all happened. Karl suggested we tell Mom about it but QT protested, saying we as brothers could handle this and I agreed as I didn't want Hamz to hate me some more for involving Mom on issues surrounding his vices but unknown to us, one of our neighbors had called Mom apparently to beg her to be a bit lenient with Hamz and let the police officers bring him back home and a confused Mom asked what the neighbor meant. Instantly, she called me  as I sighed with heartbreak, I had to narrate what happened, making sure to put the call on loudspeaker so QT and Karl could hear it all and not assume I snitched on Hamz again. Mom, clearly agitated told me she was on her way as I told her to catch a cab and not drive and I got her to promise me she won't drive, making sure my voice was calm, to assure her it was nothing and she need not come but she insisted she would.

We arrived at the station at utako, in central area Abuja and few minutes later, a green cab conveying Mom also arrived and we all entered and asked after Hamz and he was brought forward and his statement shown to us, Mom spoke to the dad of the girl who claimed her daughter was raped and clearly ticked, she demanded to see the girl and when she came forth, it was the same girl in BROTHERS SCUFFLE, Mom was livid, she exclaimed,

"YOU! YOU HOE! YOU WANT TO ROPE MY SON IN A RAPE CASE? EHN! WHEN YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SEDUCED MY SON, I CAUGHT YOU BOTH HAVING SEX IN MY HOUSE AND FLOGGED THE BOTH OF YOU...",

The father of the girl blinked his eyelashes in an apparent state of confusion, asking Mom to hold up, he went,

 "Madam! So you mean you caught them making love and you flogged them?"

 Mom nodded, continuing,

"That explained the marks all over their body...the both of them",

The man clucked his tongue in regret, apologising to us all and facing Hamz also to apologise as he turned around to deal his daughter some slaps, turning to us to tell us she had lied about being raped when he asked how she came about the flog marks all over her body, claiming she was raped and flogged by Hamz, Mom scoffed in disgust, as the police men released Hamz, apologising to us for the stress and embarrassment brought us, Mom in her true nature would have spoken grammar and threatened to sue them but I guess she was just glad it was all over as Hamz held on to me, weak and tired with his bare torso all gummy with stale sweat as we all walked towards the car whilst Mom kept giving him the evil side eye, twisting his ear and pinching his bare back in annoyance, blaming him for putting us through this whole mess in the first place, we all went home, glad we could lay that drama to rest.

KEEP UP

14 comments:

  1. So the question is..why do dawgs have no soul cos i don't quite get it....asking for my peace of mind
    -VAUGHAN PH

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an epic shame on the nigerian police, i mean, they just clamped hamz's ass to cell without warrant? without proper investigation? this is a shame, am glad he's ok and maj's mom is being insensitive by pinching his back and twisting his ear, he's clearly traumatized by the event, all he needs is a hug
    -Lyndsay fairweather, England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be quick to body-shame the nigerian police literally, even in the uk which i frequent alot, suspects are arrested without warrant in cases like this that requires the person be quickly put in a cell to avoid them eloping and also ms lyndsay, this is nigeria, unlike the west where white kids commit an offence and when they escape the law or an accident, they are hugged rather than whipped,oh no, not in nigeria, your mom whips your ass for getting in that situation in the first place..nigeria is so much fun, lol, trust me, hamz's mom is being very normal..very typical..very loving..trust me
      -Aisha, Abuja

      Delete
    2. @aisha..lol, i love your response, touche!
      -Biodun, great britain

      Delete
  3. Am glad it's all over..what a relief, i hope hamz has learnt a great deal from his ordeal
    -Ngozi, enugu

    ReplyDelete
  4. in other words, nigerian policemen are dogs without souls? lol
    -Nekky, west indies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, foreign readers of this post simply don't get the underlying message, sighs
      -Kunle, lagos

      Delete
    2. well, with that kind of impression, you couldn't blame us, not with your antecedents as a countr
      -Ruby, scotland

      Delete
    3. Hello ruby! even in the west, crimes perpetrated by your police force are too numerous to count, climb off yor high horses b*tch
      -Iyanu, ondo

      Delete
  5. Aww..lovely post maj, i love how you went about the situation,now no one can blame you for anything, lol and hamz, if you're reading this..i hope uve learnt alot
    -Maureen, usa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amzing family..i hope you guys stay drama free for a while, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. te girl was being stupid...rape of all lees to tell, lol, she should have been imprisoned for defamation, imagine if the adagiri brothers were famous now and that had happened1 chai. mja would be livid at the thought of his brand being tarnished by that act
    -KIM, JOS

    ReplyDelete