Saturday 13 February 2016

Sister Sister

It's been a few days after the carnival and I'd been avoiding an awkward run in with Simi whenever I went out, post FONDLE FOR TWO after my brother and I had a "squeeze" with her, conversely, Hamz has been looking forward to seeing her again, crazy guy right? It was a weekend...a saturday morning, I lay down on the sofa, reading an online story when QT bounced in, playfully slapped my feet and sat on the rug close to me, I paused from my reading and gave him a smile as it hit  me that I haven't had a nice one on one chat with my elder brother in a long while, our conversations have mostly included the rest of the brothers, this is slightly intentional as QT is a man of few words and more often than not, he upsets one and never takes anything serious hence one is tended not to engage him in meaningful conversations so I thought to break the ice and tell him what was on my mind without holding my breath he won't disappoint.


"Hey Qatari! You know...I've been thinking I would need to take hormone injections...you know...get injected with a slightly heavy dose of testosterone to see if it would counteract my effeminate gestures",

He stopped punching at his phone keypad and took a quizzical look at me and asked me if anyone was making life difficult for me, I smiled and told him life would always be tough for anyone who seemed different and he and my other brothers couldn't always be defending me from trolls, he sighed and said,

" You know, if God didn't put you in my life, I would probably be one of those trolls out there who are shallow minded, ignorant and don't know any better...you are amazing the way you are and I know this first hand, you've showed incredible strength in the face of the stuff you've had to constantly battle against and I know you feel tired but bro...there's nothing wrong with being different, don't try to blend in with the rest of us, deviate beautifully from the norm.."

And his face squeezing into a bit of a frown, he continued as I looked on perplexed,

"...Besides taking those injections don't guarantee your female hormones will go away, your voice might break a little and maybe grow a bush on your ass lol but the attitude might still be there plus it ain't that serious common...I don't want you taking risks with your life simply to please society, you don't know how your system might react to its side effects, what if your heart goes into a cardiac arrest God forbids, huh?"

I fought back teeny tears welling up , I shrugged as I made to sit up, telling him I just felt tired of constantly trying to enlighten people and was tired, he looked away from me, saying he wasn't used to pity parties and showing emotions much so I shouldn't go all teary on him, looking forward away from me, he continued,

" Just keep being yourself and more often than not, I like the fact that you think like a man...a man whose intellect is above the ordinary, you have nothing to be insecure about, most people's opinions are irrelevant, your opinion and how you see yourself and how we as your family see u, that's what matters bro...you think like a man and if you could survive living with 3 macho guys, you can survive anything"

He said with a smile, tapping my knee cap as we suddenly heard someone clap behind us, on swiftly turning back, it was Mom, I smiled, she commended QT for such a mood lifting speech,

 "I haven't seen that Qatari in a while, the one that inspires confidence, understanding, who fights for his brother and showed some emotion...this is good"

 QT blushed, waving us away, saying he fights for me and defends me all the time,

"...But when it's just us together, he sure can defend himself",

We all smiled. Mom sat down on the sofa and with a sigh mentioned that we should help her thank God,

"Why Mom?",

"It's been one year since I had that invasive surgery"

As read in WARD 309, I gasped in surprise,

 " A year already, wow, how time flies",

She nodded in agreement and continued, saying she intended to do a little thanksgiving and had thought to kill a small ram in offering to God,

 "But ma! Why ram? Money is tight for everyone these days and you want to kill a ram? If money was in abundance, fine but that's not the case...I suggest you give loose change to alms and when we pray, we all thank God"

QT opined, she looked at me for my own take and I tilted my head towards the direction of QT to show I supported his opinion but when Mom has her mind on something, DO, she must. She got prepared and together, we went to see her sisters to get their support but on getting there, she had her heart shattered when they snorted with indignation, demanding she buy a cow head rather than a small ram, get drinks which would accompany the meat, enough jollof rice to go round and "prayer money" for islamic clerics that would be invited. Without saying a word in return, Mom signaled at me for us to take our leave and as I am an adult in my own right, her sisters began to report her to me, demanding to know what they did wrong, Mom called me to enter the car and off we went.

KEEP UP!

11 comments:

  1. Truly you should stop feeling downcast about being effeminate, i know it is easier said than done but you will be fine plus you're straight, it could have been worse
    -Elaine walker, scotland

    ReplyDelete
  2. sisters can be like that, am sure they love your mother, they can't just help but be jealous for whatever reasons
    -Louis tomkilson england

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't feel bad, your brother is right, those who abuse steroids amongst other side effects suffer induced impotency, just be you, deviate beautifully from the norm,don't try to blend in, qt was dope af there
    -Collins, usa

    ReplyDelete
  4. your mom's sisters seem devilish, God forgive me and as for you maj, just be you, haters gon hate plus even ''normal'' people face persecution, so live your life, we love you
    -Ella, scotland

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally, qt makes an entrance and did he just blow our minds away? stop moaning about your situation maj, just do you
    -Maryam, pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice piece and maj, you're privileged, stop moaning
    -Kunle, bariga

    ReplyDelete
  7. sister sister,hmmmn, lol,i get, when you read your draft and have no idea what title to give it,lol
    -Bilkis, abuja

    ReplyDelete
  8. just be you maj, you slay as it is
    -Mark, usa

    ReplyDelete
  9. abusing steroids isn't cool oo, thank God your bro adviced you, d love you guys share is admirable
    -VAUGHAN PH

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that you putting all these down like some form of memoir, your life on a daily, superb
    -AMANDA S.

    ReplyDelete