Thursday 17 July 2014

For the love of brother 2



Settled around the dining table having a breakfast of bread and tea with jam,we tucked in our food quietly,mom,dressed for work,took off her jacket and placed on the chair beside her,settled well into the chair and continued eating,I fumbled with my phone's keypad,typing noisily with one hand,feeding myself with the other hand,occasionally bursting in fits of laughter as I engaged friends in chat-versations and were cracking me up,mom gave me a look from the corner of her eyes and I promptly quieten down

I was taking the last sip of my hot heavily laced with milk tea when QT's phone vibrated on the table,buzzing silently,he picked up the phone and seeing who the caller was, displayed on the screen,quickly stood up and dashed for his room upstairs,we all shared glances and continued eating,I cleared my throat,stood up and cleared where I'd eaten,mom called me back and asked me to give thanks to God for the meal before leaving the table,

"My manners" I said,smiling, "Allihamdulilah" I said,taking my cup to the sink to wash,QT descended the stairs back to the dining area, declaring

"That was my girlfriend!"


Karl,Mom and Hamz Ooohed and Aaahed,immediately bombarding him with questions as I rushed out excitedly to partake in all the detail hearing,he said the relationship was still in its early stages but was in cloud nine already and showed us pictures of her on his phone,told us her name,her department and level and other basic information about her

"She's preetty" I cooed ,pleased with his choice this time

Mom also agreed judging by her wide grin

"I hope we would get to meet her soon,yes?"
Mom asked with an arched brow

"Oh yes sure...she's shy but don't worry y'all...soon alright?" He assured,beaming with smiles but Karl wasn't looking so happy and I noticed that,I waited for everyone to disperse and went to meet him

"Is everything alright K?" I asked,placing my arm around his neck,he rubbed his eyes and said he was fine,I prodded but he insisted he was fine but I knew he wasn't

"Is Karl feeling jealous that QT is in a relationship and he isn't?" I thought,because I couldn't understand the reason for his sudden change of mood.

By evening,I was in the kitchen rounding up cooking of dinner,my eyes teary and nose running from slicing onions, the sizzling sounds of something yum frying on the cooker can be heard as far back as the store upstairs,the aroma of my delicious meal floated everywhere,even garuba the gateman kept saying "weldone" countless times passing by the kitchen window outside,I smiled,it gave me a sign that the food would be hungrily gobbled up

I was alone at home throughout preparing the meal and soon afterwards,just as I placed the food down from the cooker and turned it off,the door bell chimed and I went to get the door,Karl and Hamz bounced in

"MAJ! Ah! Nawao! Do you know where I've been perceiving your food from? " He asked "from the outside the gate" he said snapping his fingers to show emphasis of how far he had been perceiving the aroma from

I smiled,it feels good when your art is being appreciated and cooking is a form of art.

I set the table and thereafter picked my phone,going straight to memo pad to type an episode of keeping up with the Adagiris,since we normally wait for mom to get back before we all eat together as a family,I settled on the couch,getting lost in my write up trying to turn reality into carefully chosen words when I got a ping from QT saying

"Would be coming home with the GF,please make sure there's enough food to go round and keep my room tidy,plssssss and for the love of our parents,make tonight's dinner the best you've ever cooked...wait! before you fire insults at me,yeah! I admit,you are a fantastic cook" ending with a wink emoticon,I laughed,

"This guy really knows how to get me" I thought,shaking my head and laughing really hard,he has never for once admitted am a good cook even when it's obvious he enjoys my meals and gobbling up my meals in nano-seconds,so he had to admit now am a good cook to be in my good graces,stressing the please to make me do all he wanted,good boy! I hate being commanded and he knows that. I love when someone shows a sense of courtesy and being nice when requesting for something,I replied him saying I would screen-grab his stating that am a fantastic cook for future reference,laughing while Karl and Hamz went upstairs,comparing how big each others abs and biceps are,chatting loudly.

I went on to drafting my piece for kuwda when the thrilling sound of my phone's ringing tone distracted my attention,it was my best friend tuby

"Hey tchubs! Wasup" I said

"Am ok oo,how you dey" he responded

"Am cool,just here chilling,waiting for my family for us to have dinner and QT is bringing his new Gf,a girl named mosun,in performing arts...you minor in that department,do you know her?"

"Wait a second,did you say mosun? Ahhhhh,ehhh,hahaha" he roared with laughter

"Talk to me tchubs,what's wrong?" I asked earnestly

"You can't be serious...mosun,you don't remember mosun?the girl I gisted you about that she's the squeeze of the department's HOD and the school ho" he dissolved into gales of laughter...I couldn't believe my ears

"Hold on! You mean the girl you were gisting me about,that he caused femi's spill over when he rebuffed the HOD's threats to hands off his girl?"

"Ehhhenn oooo! Yea! That one,hmmmmn!" He laughed hard

"I can't believe your bro would go for such a girl,I mean who doesn't know mosun in this university.." He spurted bluntly and his brutally honest assessment got my tempers rising,tuby continued

"If I didn't know you,I'd say your brother must literally live under a rock" he laughed mischievously,I felt embarrassed for my brother and it hurt me

"I can't believe I reserved some food for the bitch" I ranted

"Oh common chill, the bad girls always gets the good guy,that's how the universe works,trust me,it would hard to break those two.." He asserted, getting cut off by the bad network

 I exhaled,exasperated, "I feel like over-salting the bitch's food " I said aloud

"Who's the bitch?"

Hamz's voice startled me as I quickly turned around,I sighed and gave him the whole gist,he laughed and thought I should let QT be

"Obviously he wouldn't marry her,it's just a relationship that would run its course and fizzle out eventually,why be bothered?" He said with a shrug

"Am not bothered,why should you" he concluded

I couldn't believe my ears,after my five seconds of shock had elapsed,looking at him in a condescending manner,I let him know what I thought

"You're a dog,so ofcourse you wouldn't see anything wrong with it,that's what you are,a dog while she's a bitch...you know,if it were you dating her,I wouldn't mind...if you've noticed,I no longer care about you like I once use to,we've grown apart,you're now very rude,annoying and we just don't click again,so my attention has shifted to QT and ofcourse Karl,so I would do what a brother should do,save his brother from himself,if it were you,I'd rather push you over the cliff with her than associate with you"

I remarked with a seething tone and walked off his presence,he stood there,not believing I'd just said that...me too,I mean,Hamz was my favourite brother but you all have seen his attitude towards me lately,I thought he would take me seriously and maybe feel a tinge or remorse,instead,he just laughed,this only got me more infuriated,I snapped my fingers at him and left the sitting room

"Why are you guys fighting a lot lately eh!" Karl moaned,I sighed and repeated all I told Hamz about QT's new girlfriend and he opened his mouth in shock

"Have you told QT about all this?" He inquired

"I hope to drop a bomb tonight at dinner,question her and if she tries to defend herself,I would show everyone the video and pictures" I said


"Oh Maj,thou art mean" Karl whispered,nodding at my intended plan

"I have to save QT from himself,the guy is so besotted with the girl so much he can't think straight and he can't be with such a woman,it's not only sexually risky but not good for his image in school" I rapped,trying to justify my intentions

Karl rounded his eyes on me,pinning me with his gaze

"Not good for his image OR not good for yours" he probed

"Karl...QT is a gentle guy in school and most of my friends know him as my brother,it would be horrible of me not to do something about it or tell QT about it,what sort brother would that make me?"

He sighed,taking his towel off the wardrobe door,stripped naked before me and going into the bathroom,I sighed,"I just have to get used to this" I thought,swirled around and proceeded to going downstairs when I heard footfalls of someone which seemed like QT coming upstairs,I pushed the door open and I was right..there he is standing by the door,I'd gotten one of my best smiles already plastered across my face to welcome him and ask if mosun is downstairs so I go and get set on mission destroy-mosun and expose her before mom but the face I saw on QT wasn't in a good mood

"What nonsense have you been up to maj? Huh?" He said rather calmly but his body tensed with anger

"There's something I have to tell you" I said reassuringly,he cut in

"I know about the pictures and videos...Hamz already told me,now let me see them" he demanded,snapping his fingers

I gently fished out my phone from my pocket and just as I was about to hand it over to him...I quickly reasoned, "he might delete them" and instantly withdrew my hand and instead showed him while holding on the phone,he went along with it,nodding after seeing all the deal-breaker photos and videos,swallowing hard

"So dear brother...what would you do now?"

I asked soothingly

"No..what you would do is not bring up the issue during dinner and totally forget about it...its my issue,I would deal with it" he rounded at me "and make sure you delete all those" he said

"Are you sure you don't need intervention here to make the breaking up process easier?" Karl asked

"WHAT AM I...A WOMAN? HUH?!" He ranted... "FUCKING MIND YOUR BUSINESS ALL OF YOU...I DON'T NEED YOUR "INTERVENTION" mimicking Karl and rolling his eyes...he stomped out of the room,I sighed and Karl suggested we all stay out of his business and I intended to do just the opposite.

We all went downstairs and I warmly greeted mosun who was cladded in denim form-fitting trousers which hugged her womanly curves in all the right places and a studded ankara peplum jacket with a hint of cleavage,her brown-coloured poker straight weave styled to one side of her shoulders and truly...she is beautiful, with chubby cheeks and cherubic eyes,if it wasn't for the pictures and videos,you wouldn't believe she's an "animashaun" which simply translates to mean " one who is a free giver"


Mom's car horn could be heard at the gate and that's my clue to setting the plates and cutlery,garuba opened the gate and she drove into our expansive compound,mom waltzed in tiredly and we all greeted her as I went to collect her purse. Mosun promptly stood up and greeted mom,her face brightened up at seeing mosun,she could deduce she's the girlfriend QT promised to bring home to show us,mom complimented her beauty then excused herself to wash her hands at the bathroom...walking towards the kitchen,she called out to me to come along,I jerked with happiness,this is the perfect time to give mom a head's up, I looked back and QT have me a "don't-you-dare" look,I grinned,mosun smiled,probably thinking we were just being goofy and playful and maybe mom wanted to give me something yummy in the kitchen...sorry babe...je rire en francais

KEEP UP

41 comments:

  1. Eeeh! Maj! Lol,am hooked on some kuwdalove,I love this episode

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following kuwda for long and what I think is wrong with QT is that,though he has a tough-looking exterior,inside him,he's meek and feels he's unlucky in love,he obviously knows the girl is a bitch but he's trying to look beyond her imperfections and probably assumes he can change her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,you might be right but a tiger never changes its coat,a bitch would always be a bitch and am sure she's the calculating type,she would look so meek and admirable to QT's mom and maintain him as the bf but sleeping around so she can eat her cake and have it

      Delete
    2. Both comments are on point,so would we say maj's bitchiness is justified?I mean karl and hamz are being the typical men who don't get bothered by such stuffs and maj is being the sister they never had who won't tolerate shit and be the fearful sister-in-law

      Delete
    3. Hmmmn! First off,has anyone seen what QT looks like?the guy is thick,very macho,cute yet rough lookingly cute (pardon my word) why should he be unlucky in love?is it a case of a small willy?even at that,he shouldn't be unlucky in love and I think I support maj's action,yes bitchy but they would all look like fools if no one does anything about it since it's public knowdledge she's a whore

      Delete
    4. But maj,why not put up the pictures of the brothers please!I learnt y'all yummy tinz

      Delete
  3. I love you maj,you're really talented and I always love how you end your posts,I think you should mind your business and allow QT learn his lessons AGAIN,you're just burning your candles at both ends,mosun might look meek but am sure she's no lay low bitch,she can whip out her craziness at will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I support maj and I suspect mom can perceive the stink of mosun,hence calling maj into the kitchen to discuss and which girl goes to meet her bf's mother exposing cleavage,she just undid herself *flames*

      Delete
    2. Yes oo,maj is always everywhere,trying to create a pictureof perfection,not justin his life but his brothers,everything has to be sweaky perfect,getting in everyone's business and that way,burning his candles at both ends,so yeah mr or miss anon,you are right

      Delete
  4. I remember tuby,maj's friend on his dps,never knew he's such an olofofo,lol..* male gossip,they are the worsts,lol #kidding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! The worst kind indeed,maj,please drop him

      Delete
  5. But really,what is maj's business with whom QT dates? Ehn,mind your biz maj and bring ur own gf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahahaha *devilish giggle*

      Delete
  6. Double wahala 4 dead body,na d owner of them body! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this one saying now? *hiss*

      Delete
    2. Don't mind him oo,I don't know who died

      Delete
  7. Garuba and his sniffing-weldone tho,hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hamz is such an insensitive dog oo,ah! If your mom had him as twins,ah,lol,it won't be funny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Ok,this episodeis fantastic but is it just me or is this episode kinda different from the first part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea,yea,I think this episode is the fictitious part,the story isn't so long but maj wanted to elongate it,nonetheless,we love it,so interesting,mosun should be stoned to death,lol

      Delete
  10. Nice job maj,but for us new fans,we would love to know what happened from d beginning

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe maj is justified in fighting his bro's battles,I mean,the story would have made no sense if no one bat an eyelid, and ofcourse someone would be the weak link who would over react,there is proof to show the lady is a whore,maj get your biatch one babe

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've heard enough of the boys,can't we have a story that focuses on their mother?I can't wait to read when d queen bee looses her eggs,whew! Btw good job maj,keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeeeeh! Am really surprised oo,how do yourbrothers and mom feel about all these?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Je rire en francais...meaning oooo?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice piece as always,am impressed

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is Damn intresting chai tchubs and maj xo xo gossip boys u so know how to get ur fact chai deirs God oo mosun aka Animashaun is so in trouble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously,I don't know how maj tries to make each episode as interesting as much as possible and 8th season and it's still fabolous

      Delete
  17. All this should be adapted on film,it would be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maj shouldn't have bothered with all the drama,I mean,it obviously won't end in marriage,so in this case,I agree with hamz,why bother?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its under probability,wemight sayit won't end in marriage and it might and what would we say by then?that...y friend is gobe

      Delete
  19. And in part 3,we would all see that the relationship didn't work and QT got heartbroken,yet AGAIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol,so sad,no one has a stable relationship,they shouldn't just sit and do nothing oo

      Delete
  20. When would we get the third part?he suspense is killing

    ReplyDelete
  21. When maj starts drama.....everyone would feel its stings,lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yaaaaay! We now got picture!!! Yaaay! Now reading all over,it made more sense

    ReplyDelete
  23. Four hot brothers,yougo guys!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now with the pic,it looks more professional

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shouldn't you have an appointed time that an amazeball would log on the site and meet fresh post?

    ReplyDelete