Thursday 10 July 2014

Bills Bills Bills


Whoever says money doesn't buy happiness certainly doesn't know where to shop says feisty queen bee blair waldorf in gossip girl... my friend Dola would say "sure money can´t bring you happiness - like money and happiness could not go hand in hand. The longer version of the saying adds: "but it sure helps".



The morning on that wednesday started like every other day,exercises,breakfast and chilling at home,QT,Hamz and Karl were engaged in a banter in the living room while I was tidying up the kitchen,throwing out what's old and keeping the place inviting and clean,I wanted to get the work done fast and quickly shower as my body was getting sticky with sweat, making me uncomfortable,my blackberry placed on the kitchen shelf beeped continuously from friends and fans who needed my attention but I wanted to be done with chores before touching my phone so as not to rub it with grime and grease all over my hands.


"Mom left some money on the table for groceries" Karl said,walking towards to the tall refrigerator to pick a bottle of water,I looked up and sighed,wiping sweat and grease off my brow,nodding in response,taking deeply in the chill breeze that escaped from the refrigerator and letting out a deep exhale, "guess a spot of retail therapy would do a great good to my soul" I thought,going back to work with a pout,resenting my brothers for no show of support or even thank me for the work am doing.



Thirty minutes later,I was done with my chores and in the bathroom having my bath,I'd lighted candles and placed around the bathroom, sprayed some sweet-smelling perfume all over the place -- to make for scented candles,lol, added dried orange peels in the tub along with moisturizing aromatic body oils and a sprinkle of dried lavender flower ,blocked the tub hole to prevent water flowing away and run hot water into the tub,gently soaking myself in the relaxing mixture,the hot water stinging abit but I endured,the rich,sweet smell of lavender and the aromatic oil plus the perfume "cooked" together by the steam of hot vapour from the water created a relaxing ambience,tingling my nostrils and celine dion's "because you loved me" mesmerizing my senses,totally making me drift into a daydream of places of my fantasy...yeah,that's how I achieve my glow,lol,it's not all the time one spends money for spa treatments in this bad economy when you can get same treatment and results from homemade ingredients,I was having a really nice time


I must have forgotten to lock the door because mid-way through my relaxing bath,gently exfoliating my body with a sponge, the door suddenly flung open and Karl's head peered in

"What the hell?!" He queried as I splashed water all over with my legs in a startled state, almost screaming in fright,my face,the look of thunder,I was really upset now


"WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU WANT?... DIDN'T YOU LEARN TO KNOCK WHERE YOU CAME FROM?!"

I bellowed! Covering my modesty with my palms,tiny trail of smoke drifting away from the candles,which were put out by the splash of water

 "I heard soft music playing in the bath and could perceive some nice smell which DOESN'T smell like soap" stressing the "doesn't", he continued, " coming from the bath and I couldn't hear sounds of someone having a bath,so I decided to check...so again Maj..what the hell are you doing,are you trying to get into a trance or are you trying to have a voodoo stuff going on in here"

Karl asked,his lashes twinkling rapidly

"No dear brother,this is called,having a relaxing bath, spa-like,you know what spa means,don't you?" I said scornfully


"Oh lord Maj,what's come over you" he chided,coming into the bathroom now,running his hand through his tossled mop of wavy hair

"JUST GET OUT KARL,COMMON,AM NAKED HERE" I bellowed,he made to leave,seeing I wasn't taking it lightly

"Just be quick,so I drive you to the mall" he said with a note of finality and slam the door closed,I hissed,totally pissed that he ruined my moment,I couldn't go back to starting afresh so I stood up,took off the tub water stopper to allow the water flow away,turned on the shower and had a normal bath,hissing intermittently.

Decked in tartan-print skinny jeans,All-stars boots,with a nice black top and nerdy glasses,I was set for the mall. Descending the stairs into the sitting room,QT and Hamz howled excitedly,hailing my look,I didn't even look their way as I was still bitter towards them not giving a helping hand while I was cleaning the house,my not-smiling face pulled into a pout,sashaying towards the door,opened it and stepped out. Karl was busy checking up mom's toyota venza to make sure all is well before we set out,big sweat patch very visible on the armpits of his ash coloured long-sleeved shirt and chest which he wore over mid-night blue jeans and trainers

I fished out my phone from my pocket,ready to start responding to messages and as I made to open the door to the passenger seat of the car,Karl's callused palm from lifting weights and other heavy liftings around the house grabbed my arm and turned me around,holding me and staring into my eyes,he said

"Am sorry Maj,ok? I didn't mean to barge in on you like that or invade your privacy,am sorry"

I smiled at how at that moment,he looked like tough fighting but meek side of owen in nikita,though I appreciated the apology,I always love when a man has a sense of chivalry but between brothers?that action was quite not normal

"You're being serious Karl" I said with a smile,hitting him playfully on his abs,letting me free from his grip,I opened up the door and settled in,fastening my seat belt while he started the ignition and made our way to the mall  


Getting to the mall,we went through shelfs of detergents and other household needs and filled up 2 carts. Done with shopping,we pushed the grocery-filled carts to the cashier and in a typical swag of average mall shoppers,fished out my wallet stylishly and took out crisp new notes of one thousand naira notes and handed it over to the cashier who couldn't stop stealing glances at Karl with a smirk, she promptly counted the money and made calculations of all we got on a machine in front of her,looking up sadly,she told us we have to balance up with about five thousand naira more,my brows squeezed into a furrow of confusion

"That can't be?the money should be complete"

I quickly whipped out my shopping list and checked through

"Is everything alright?" Karl asked,looking over my shoulders to check the list I was holding

"Definitely not" I said shakily,other shoppers on the queue asking us to drop the goods and leave the queue if we can't pay,Karl turned to them to offer apologies,I continued
"the list I wrote,I made sure the money and the list of things align,now I can't understand how the money isn't complete"

I said frantically re-counting the money,Karl looking exasperated and running his hand through his hair,the cashier suggested we only buy goods our money can cover and come back some other time for the rest,I took out my atm card and presented it to the cashier to pay through POS but it declined my card due to network problems,the people on the queue were getting restless now and began shouting at us to leave, "we need all these things and I can't come back" I thought, Karl tried to beg the shoppers to calm down,turning to me immediately and asking me to drop the excess supplies and pay for the ones our money could cover,I sighed with defeat and decided to do just that when at that moment,someone on the queue muttered under his breath saying " fucking punk and his broke,white-trash friend...or maybe boyfriend,there are gays all over this days" ,this elicited muffled chuckles from himself,his female friend and two people behind them,I turned to look at them with a smile that says "I heard you", Karl made a move to confront them but I tried to pull him back, his angry eyes swiveled at me,jerking my hands off him,he moved towards the short and chubby man

"Excuse me mister? Were you referring to us with the statement you just made?" He asked in an angrily-cool manner,lol, towering over the man,his fists clenched and veins all now visible, I didn't even make any move to separate them,going ahead to pick the grocery that were most important and dropping ones that aren't , Karl is pissed,the man insulted us,he should get what he deserves,it isn't all the time that silence is golden and acting all gentleman-ly, some heavy fists to the mouth would teach him and by extension other onlookers some lesson not to spurt trash on strangers anyhow.

"Get out of my face young man,do you think because you are thick and strong looking,you can harass me? This is my country ok? Not yours"

The man fired back,this got Karl incensed,holding the man up by his collar,his face red with anger,he head-butted the man on the forehead which immediately swelled up,people around screamed,the man yelled,looking at Karl with fear and whimpering,my jaw fell open,his acquaintances calling for security,the cashiers all on a row stood up,watching with shocked expressions on their faces

"YOU LITTLE BLACK IMP! YOU DON'T CALL ME BROKE OR WHITE TRASH,UNDERSTOOD?"

Karl barked at him,shaking him vigorously,almost suffocating the man, his saliva sprinkling on the man's face,his female friend scratching Karl's arms

"Please mister,kindly go and separate your friend from the man na"

The cashier pleaded with me shakingly,I smiled

"He's my brother....half-brother" I said,putting provisions in the nylon given me,I continued

"And the man deserves what is coming to him" I said with a mischievous smirk,the cashier nodded her head in disbelief

By the time security arrived,able-bodied men amongst the crowd had separated them,the female companion of the man kept shouting,pointing accusing fingers at me being responsible for inciting my brother against the man. People naturally tried to calm my brother down,suddenly some of them developed american twang just to impress and seem well travelled,this made me smile,but the other man was screaming,moving back and calling us demons,promising to hurt us

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM IN THIS FEDERAL CAPITAL..I WILL SHOW YOU....MAD DOG,I WOULD MAKE SURE YOU'RE DEPORTED SHAMEFULLY TO YOUR COUNTRY" he barked,continually feeling his swollen,red-looking forehead

"Ah,Ah! SEE MY HEAD,YOU WANT TO KILL ME BA! I WILL SHOW YOU"

This elicited laughter at some quarters and others tried to placate the man,some men were holding Karl,talking to him,preaching to him about respect but that was just making him even more upset

"Gentlemen,with all due respect,I come from a good home and our mom taught us good manners,that is my brother over there" he said,pointing at me, "calling us names,despite begging him to be patient,no,I won't take that,damn! He called me trash,white trash? God no!"

The men begged him to be patient and just forget the issue,I was summoned by the men and they apologised on behalf of the man,my grocery was already packed so,I thanked the men and the cashier who by now was already attending to other customers and we strolled out of the place,leaving the head-butted man and his friends still arguing in the mall.


Settling down in the car,Karl's breath just stabilizing,I held his arm,just as he was about to apply the brakes

"What happened in there K?" I asked solemnly

"What happened?" He asked,looking irritated

"Yes,what happened? You kept mentioning white trash ,that got you more bothered than the man calling us a couple", my brows arched

He sighed,stopped the ignition and turned to face me

" I hate when people call me that cos once upon a time,that was what I was....a white trash"

He sighed again,bowing his head

"Wha...a..at?" I stammered,nodding my head,looking confused, " white trash,what does that mean"

"Poor Maj,so dirt poor,yes Maj,I thought my dad got my mom knocked up and left us,abandoned his responsibility and fled,I was bitter for so long and I became wild,I joined the american army and you know the rest of the story" he sighed again "I really thought dad was some rich african prince with the way heather described him,I wanted to take revenge you know?"

I smiled,nodding my head in disbelief

"We aren't so different Karl,you know all about us don't you now? And did I hear you call your mother by her name?"

"Yes Maj,your mom is my mom,she's done a better job than my so called mom and so henceforth,she's heather to me" he said with a scowl

"No way!" I snapped, your mom did an amazing job ok? Don't judge her,she deserves your respect and how is my mom better than her? Huh?" I inquired

"They are both young when dad died", I shook abit,the "dad" and how he called it so...so familiarly,touched me,am not even used to the word

"Yet heather has gone ahead to remarry and mom is here,still true to our dad Maj"

I couldn't believe my ears, "WHAT? KARL? That is your reason for your disrespect towards your mom? Lord of mercy? you're not serious K, mom also remarried,but ended in a divorce" I reminded him

"Yes I know but it was pretty easy for her,mom waited many many years and simply married because she thought we needed a masculine hand"


I smiled,placing my hand on his shoulder,

"Karl,I don't want to ever hear you call your mother heather,ever again,you have no point,if you won't call her mom,call her by her new surname,you've gotten too attached to us,which is a good thing though but now feel like your mom is more like your sister or something" I counseled


"What would happen if I don't stop it" he said with a smile

I laughed, "you sleep in my room,eat the food I cook,trust me,there are so many things I can do to you"

We bursted out laughing,Karl started the ignition and we drove out

KEEP UP

50 comments:

  1. Oh my days. The fight at the mall tho and sudden American accent from people tho lmao. Maj makes brotherhood so interesting. And what are the other things u can do to him lmao, the bottom line is it was a nice piece I enjoyed it. You made my Night. Jamal. @jamalcapable on twitter. Jamalcapable on IG. Fans of kuwda could follow if they want, #Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this piece,really interesting,I agree with @jamal, maj makes brotherhood so interesting and fun,even their fights is fun,keep it up bro,while we keep up with the adagiris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again am so addicted and in love with the kuwda anonymous

      Delete
    2. Mr @jamal,to test that you are indeed a fan,tell us how karl came to nigeria and met up with his brothers,cos I believe I've been a die hard fan and recall everything

      Delete
    3. @ Mt anonymous all I can remember was how Karl joined the army and needed to know his father's background and his families. Karl came to Nigeria met the adagiris *nd also is half brothers and the rest is history. Hope I tried

      Delete
    4. You tried sha,lol,maj,please try and upload pics ooo

      Delete
  3. SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE KARDASHIANS AND ADAGIRIS
    1. They have unusual,quite funny surnames,unil they become famous and the name sounds uber cool
    2. The famous kardashians are all women,the adagiris are all men
    3. The kardashians have lots of monickers, kardashian khaos,kardashian konfidential,kardashians kurves,the adagiris have adagiri adams,adagiri adonis,etc
    4. The kardashians are adored by fans wordwide,the adagiris are adore by their fans worldwide
    5. The kardashians are very relatable to,also the adagiris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You're so right,imagine the look on the kardashians faces when the adagiris steals their thunder,lol

      Delete
  4. Hahaha,maj,you are truly talented,I love this,honestly I do,the irony is your brothers always,I mean ALWAYS have your back,fighting and attacking anyone who attacks you without thinking but when they are being attacked,you don't move a muscle,diaris God ooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hink the reason everyone thinks karl and maj r a couple is because,truly maj and karl exude a chemistry that isn't synonimous with brothers but of lovers,their love isn't brotherly but loverly,have fans noticed this?
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha,true ooo,true,also the way maj describes his body in particular,he doesn't describe his other brothers body like that,guess the novelty of having an half-caste-bro is yet to wear off

      Delete
    2. I beg to disagree,the way maj screams and scolds karl shows the novelty has more than wear off and I don't see how their relationship is "loverly" haba

      Delete
  6. Lovely,maj,lovely,when are we going to have spin offs of the show,I've missed that,the maj and Qt take lagos,maj and karl take port-harcourt,lol,you rock maj,you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,this is superb maj,but is ur lives this fun?drama filled,yes but fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. This should hit the silver screen maj,this is amazing,you're talented man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Na so so drama,people and their amebo,people are drawn to people's family issues

    ReplyDelete
  10. What could you do to karl?deprive him of food?send him out of your room?the guy is a soldier,lol,he survived iraq,he can survive anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking about karl's past,we only hear bits and pieces,we need full infos,like wha happened while in iraq

      Delete
    2. I think the adagiris are gradually getting famous that fans are now DEMANDING that maj tells them about a certain time in their lives,something kim complained about in an episode of kuwtk,whew

      Delete
    3. Ofcourse,the adagiris shouldn't complain about privacy,we love their lives and now they are public property,we deserve to know what goes on in their lives

      Delete
    4. How dare u say that?maj would release infos he wants fans to know about,don't go all kimmy on him abeg

      Delete
    5. Lol,I love when fans go all attacking and defensive about maj and his family,its cool,now about whether as fans we should demand certain areas of their lives made public,I think its wrong,maj would let us know which stories of their lives they want to make public

      Delete
    6. I think their lives are public as it I which would even get more exposed when maj talks about his mom dealing with pre-menopausal symptoms,so you all don't get to ask more,let's just sit back and get entertained

      Delete
  11. Hold on oo,maj does the cooking,etc,what do the brothers do?especially qtn hamz?won't they put their muscles to good use at home?help out with chores

    ReplyDelete
  12. Posting on here though?words tends to join together,maj do soooooomething ah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is there no picture in this episode? And when would we get to see the brothers' pics

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a heavy crush on karl oo and hamz
    Maj na,please make it happen
    Lola mafoluku

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice piece,am a new fan,is all this fiction or reality?I particularly love the adams trilogy

    Micheal B. From ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its mostly real man,maj is superb right?

      Delete
  16. I can only imagine more stories to come,about their educational lives,love lives,more family reunions,spin off shows,whew! Maj! U r genius

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trending like a superstar! Go maj!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your stories,relatable,fun to read,really cool,how come linda ikeji is yet to hear about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Because maj isn't doing enough promotional duties and fans like you who haven't alerted linda about this blog

      Delete
    2. Then stop the mouth service fans and get to work,someone alert linda

      Delete
  19. Am proud of u maj,am proud of your growth

    ReplyDelete
  20. When this is about to hit the silver screen,I would love to audition for the role of you guys neighbor,passive role,just to be close to you guys

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please don't make us suffer waiting for the next episode

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your sensual bath tho?how often do you have that kinda bath?lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you realise that when a guy is becoming rich or in good times,they start going for mani/pedis and spa treatment and go to expensive salon to have their haircut,the moral here is,all men have their inner diva in them

      Delete
    2. Hmmmmmn,true talk

      Delete
    3. I have no discomfort geting into a spa prepared bath,but hold on people,dried orange peels?what does it do?and wouldn't oils in water make one's body messy?

      Delete
    4. Lol,the body oil helps moisturize your body and the dry orange peels tones you flawlessly

      Orekelewa spas,surulere lagos

      Delete
  23. Why do you guys always have dramas at the mall and please get on with the job,more posts please and won't we get to hear about how ramadan went n how karl coped

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes ooo! Please we want to hear about how ramadan went,lol,karl nmo oooo,lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Despite the fact that there is no picture,it sharpens our mental picturing of reading your posts,so so interesting,what is next please?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Maj has fought with everyone,karl,hamz and qt,why na?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the simple fact that they are brothers,boys,it is what boys do and it is allowed,dumb head

      Delete
  27. I read this piece yesternight and I saw just one comment,now its over40,wow,people are interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are interested it cool and fun and I was the 1st commentator lol

      Delete
    2. Lol,should we all be justling for who comments first cos trust me,this is about to get competitive

      Delete