Monday 12 May 2014

EAT YOUR HEART OUT MAJ 2



We started gisting about school and he told me I was his inspiration for stepping up when he got to america as I made him feel terrible back then and what was his crime? For loving me as a brother,my face suddenly felt flushed with embarrassment and shock,he said it like that without flinching, "oohh Maj! I stepped up real good man,I even stopped loving and I can only thank you for that cos it upped my rep in the states man" he said in pure american twang,my mouth went dry,I blinked rapidly,trying to figure out what I could say to make the whole situation go away,I felt so bad, he smiled and said I don't have to feel awkward,patted me on the shoulder and asked me to come with him to show me his closet, "closet??" Did I hear that right?! Didn't realise men had closets,I tried to stand up but my limbs felt like those of an ant trying to lift the torso of a giant,I fell with a thud back on the soft kiss-shaped sofa,which I found un-manly for a man to have,he gave me a puzzled look and asked if I was alright,I smiled nervously and told him I was cool and manage to lift myself and follow him,in his closet which looked super cool,looking more like a male boutique,that's where it started

Whipping out a cool ring,he said " this ring is by betony vernon has a porcelain fornasetti face,can you see?,its based on the original female face,I thought they could use a boy in the series so I made one,it's number 333,its super cool right?" I nodded approvingly with a dry smile,I could sense what he was trying to do,impress me with his flowery use of language and his collection of cool,expensive stuffs,I knew I deserved it so I decided to bear it patiently,while showing me around his closet and all he owns,he talked about his life in new york and other sundry issues, "oh there's this restaurant in new york that I frequent,its called the ll buco restaurant,its abit shabby,the food and wine are fantastic,its a great atmosphere,I enjoy the crush and steam of the place" ,we moved on and by his bedside stand,he gave me two books to see, "istanbul by orhan pamuk its in italian so as u see,I have a massive italian dictionary hahaha" he laughed,clearly enjoying himself, "how cool" I simply said,replying him, continuing,he showed me the other book he's reading,talking briefly about it ,"the lost books of the odyssey by zachary mason" i nodded, "its a kind of imaginary series of fragments about odysseus,it's just brilliant actually", "I agree", I replied,thinking in my mind I can't take this no more,ofcourse u've lived your life in the states and u seem intelligent,could all his stop already,as if he could hear my thought,he went on and on about his possessions
"This" he said,holding up an object that looked like a cup, "is an etruscan cup in bucchero, they are typical black eartenware from a market in azerro" then he moved to his speaker boxes and turning up the volume a bit was a sort of south american song playing, dancing slowly,shutting his eyes and smiling as though the song soothes him,he said "that song is by juanes,an album called yerbatero,I wanted some south american rockabilly at the opening of my furniture exhibition?", "what? A furniture exhibition,hold up! U own your own biz and living the life" I said,he laughed so hard and said yea,that he has been able to have his own slice of the American dream coupled with help from his folks, he went on about how he travelled to the aegedian islands,I thought he was lying until he showed me pictures,I felt so jealous,he really wanted to punish me, "yea,I went to the aegedian islands off sicily,almost no cars on most of them,population of 200 or 300 in the winter,they constitute the most unspoilt seaside place I've ever been to,the restaurants were simple,but one in particular,I can't remember the name now,was sensational,the flavours were just from the gods" we both laughed,I really envied him but the thing with me is,I can't stay jealous at someone for long,highest for me was 5 minutes,so as he thought he was torturing me,I was learning,"bring it on bro"
" See what I got from there" he said,whipping out this " bottarga from the same islands,salty,fishy,smelly,I really like food" he said, then he brought out a gift for me,hear him describe the jeans
"Its a gorgeous balmian motorcycle jeans,I don't know what they'd be called officially cos they aren't out for sale,I got it straight from the runway at a tom ford show,they r black suede,sort of low-slung,with seams and panels here and there,they fit like a glove" ,looking at him,trying so hard not to look at him in such a irritating way,I told him thanks and snatched it from him,he obviously got the message,smiled,patted me on the back and we went downstairs to the living room. While we sat,downing white wine,he gave me a long look and told me he missed me and that he hoped he's been able to show me he's stepped up,both in spoken english and looks and all, again I felt flushed with embarrassment,I simply nodded,when I'd gotten over the embarrassment,I stood up,went to him and apologised for all I did to him back then,he smiled and said he thought I wouldn't get the message and apologise,we both smiled and shook hands,just as I thought all the showing off had ended and as I went back to my seat,the door opened and in came his girlfriend zahara, a stunning girl with wavy weave cascading all over her shoulders,carrying a big bag obviously containing clothes,she beamed with smiles at seeing me, "Majeed right?" She said hugging me,Omar has told me a lot about you". "Oh that's nice,its my pleasure meeting you" I said and she went to meet her boo, they stole kisses for a while and I averted my gaze,they giggled and apologised if they made me uncomfortable,I told them I was fine,then she opened her bag and asked me if I love fashion,I told her yes,then her own showoff started,whew! Rolling my eyes in my mind
"Here" she started ,do u know whose dress is this?she said with a quizzical smile,I said no, "well,this is a stretch spandex dress by herve leger, with accessories,this is christian louboutin leather shoes, and jewelry from noa fine jewellery" , they looked fine really and all I could say was "amazing"
I thought that would end there but I was wrong,she brought out all her clothes in the luggage, a stretch wool dress by roland mouret,a vintage tweed dress by oscar de la renta,vintage earrings by givenchy pearl,a knitted wool dress by gianfraco ferre,fleece dress by alexander mcqueen! I was so angry and tired of her showoff and I just wished she could stop,Omar must have sensed my discomfort and told her it was ok for a day and asked. If we could all go out for dinner "thank God " I screamed inside me, Omar gave me a look like "now we are even" n yes we are..KEEP UP

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh,u fall my hand maj,nikini,u wey I know,dat u would hold ur own and make him bite dust,chai,I get sha,u felt guilty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi o,lovely written anyway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember u told me about this guy,his real name is nasiru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol,quite funny, so what happens next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The adagiris! I love u guys,uve been mumon karl,I love him,wasup with him

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is mum,how is karl,ur love lives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahha you see am in support of omat Damn I will do worst if it was me

    ReplyDelete