Sunday 11 May 2014

EAT YOUR HEART OUT MAJ 1



OH MY GOD! I exclaimed when I saw Omar exiting the arrival lounge of the Nnamdi azikiwe international airport in abuja from new jersey USA, I couldn't believe my eyes which had gone saucers at seeing him, we hugged as he carried me and swirled me around,obviously he has being gyming consistently as I didn't know where to place my hands to avoid looking like a couple as he swirled me around,his biceps squeezing against my tiny waist,as we both laughed heartily,exchanging pleasantries,my mind was bustling with so much questions to ask about his life after school amongst other stuffs. Omar was my best friend at a time in secondary school, back then as followers of #kuwda from the beginning are aware,I was a victim of bullying,I went through the darkest points of my life in secondary school but Omar was there for me,he came from a little above middle class family,his mom was separated from his dad who also happens to come from a prominent family in ilorin, kwara state, being an only child of the short-lived union,he wanted for nothing, he had all he ever wanted and more,his provision box contained 5 sets of all kinds of yummies you could imagine,
Omar really loved me,yes,he loved me...as a best friend though,no homo,reason why he did,honesty I don know because I was always irritant as a result of the constant bullying and jeers I suffered from hostel mates and classmates,he shared all he had with me and people at a time thought he was my boyfriend with the way he always stood by me,tries to defend me and gave me all he had but ironically,he disgusted me,not because I was irritant but his person disgusted me,I found all he did annoying and I really tried to make him go away and stop being my friend but as much as I tried,he only loved me the more,I couldn't understand it,obviously he knew I hated him and only added fuel to the fire of hatred people tried to stoke up inside him against me but he resisted and was always helpful,patient and warm,I remember lying on my bunk at night in the hostel and feel so bad about my attitude towards him and promising myself to change by morning but on setting my eyes on him again,I get consumed by an overwhelming wave of hatred towards him,trust me,I really tried to like him the way he did me,I couldn't understand why I hated him,it couldn't be jealousy since he gave me all he had anyway and I was better than him in spoken and written english....no brag and puns aside,he really envied the way I spoke and I felt atleast I was better than someone at something,even though I was better than most of those who bullied me but I just wanted to take my anger out at someone
       Years went by and we got to junior secondary 3 and then we went for the long holiday after our junior waec,when we resumed to start the senior secondary,Omar didn't return,I tried reaching him and then,mobile phones weren't as common and affordable as it is now so I could only reach him through his mom's line which wasn't going through,I later learnt he had gone abroad with his mom and never coming back...atleast not anytime soon,I felt a chill down my spine,I felt sad,for the first time I realised how empty I was without Omar,I felt like he left because of me,like he could no longer take my hatred,then I remembered how often he would say he was only staying in our school because of me,even though our school was a prestigious unity school,he called it trash and he wanted out but staying for me,I would hiss whenever he said that,but now he's gone,really gone and never coming back and I never even got to say goodbye,I let the tears roll down freely and wept bitterly,really sorry for what I did to the one person who truly cared and had my back.
 Omar is now a big boy,we reconnected on facebook about 3 months ago and he told me ever since then,he was just coming back to nigeria soon and he would love to meet up with me,I was really glad,I went through his pictures and I saw I was not in his league again,he mingled with american big boys and his profile says he's a rapper and in a relationship with a nigerian born american girl,I was really happy for him,what I didn't know was that he harbored so much resentment toward me and wanted to take his revenge,make me feel so low the way I'd let him back then,but before I knew what was in stock for me,we chatted and told each other about our lives after our secondary school....until we started reminiscing about life back in school,then he started to show me what he had planned for me....KEEP UP

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha,I can imagine d look on ur face when trouble sarts,dat awkward look of urs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon 01:54 see gbagaun "sarts" it is starts oloshi

      Delete
    2. U dey mad ni, @ anon 02:01 shouldn't u figure it's an error? Even maj gbagauns n we 4give him,who b u

      Delete
    3. See u! Maj speaks well n he gbagauns cos he's restless,he types and pastes without proof reading or editing,to me,that's talent,he wries n pastes just like that *snap* so pweeeeeeeeellllzzzzzzeeee,take several back seats

      Delete
    4. Both of u are not well,gbagauning back n forth n attacking each other about gbagauns,una try

      Delete
  2. Amazing through and through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suspense suspense suspense,who knows what happens next,hmmmn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ur twist n turns tho I love ur posts on fb more
    Jay from usa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quie funny...well written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another gbagaun,looool,nawao oo

      Delete
  6. Oh my. Days maj is a fan of suspense keeping up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr jamal gbagaun oooooo

    ReplyDelete