Monday 2 May 2016

Lemonade

Mom beamed happily from ear to ear as she sashayed down the two rows of stairs leading into the sitting room from the dining area, cladded in a gold sequined body-fitting gown which hugged her womanly curves while the dress shone brightly, deflecting rays all over the place on catching the rays of light turned on around the house whilst  holding two glasses of chilled drinks in hand, walking towards her longtime pal from akwa-ibom state, Madam Effiong,

"What's this one oo my friend?"

Madam Effiong asked on sighting the off-yellow pale-coloured drink Mom was handing her, feigning mock alarm as Mom smiled,

"It's lemonade my friend, don't worry, I won't poison you!"


Both friends bursted into a raucous laugh before Madam Effiong took a sip or two of the drink then gently placed the glass cup on the center table, she cleared her throat and went,

"Hmmn! Nice drink my friend, I've always avoided lemons you know, because of that tangy, almost bitter taste it has that arrest the mouth but this is superb, Hmmn! "

Mom smiled and responded,

"It's Maj that got me hooked on new ways to stay looking young and my skin looking ageless with lemon water, coconut water, infused water, my dear I can go on and on, looking good my friend...is good business, Maj won't allow me look  anything like a grandmother, that boy is something else, it's as though he's scared of aging",

Mom and her friend dissolved into gales of giggles again before Madam Effiong replied,

"Well, I have to agree with your boy...he's so creative and charming, I love him so much"

Mom nodded in agreement, taking a few sips from her cup while Madam's Effiong's countenance suddenly furrowed into a serious look, she went,

 "So my friend, tell me about your in-law, ehn! I didn't believe what you told me on the phone, that that witch poured sand into your food? Like really?"

Mom sighed, nodding continuously with her lips arched downwards in a sad look, she responded,

"I didn't believe it myself my friend, the first few seconds, it was as though I was having a nightmare that I would wake up from, I didn't know how to react, I was beyond dumbfounded! Thank God for my sons Maj and Karl who quickly took me away from that scene, I would have literally entered the ground."

Madam Effiong sighed,

"That's really terrible oo my friend, Ehn! I think you need to put up a fight...not necessarily physical but you know...to show them that you are no vegetable",

She said, Mom smiled and took a few sips of her drink and staring at it intently, she said,

 "People say when life gives them lemons, they make lemonade...I say when life gives me lemons, I make a perfect lemon meringue pie! You just wait and see!"

 Mrs Effiong smiled, going ahead to hail Mom,

"My friend My friend! My friend My friend, I trust you!"

KEEP UP!

14 comments:

  1. So let me get this straight, you hid in a corner and listened to your mom's convo with her friend to much detail that you described how she walked and all?
    -Cynthia, anambra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO @cynthia
      -Randy, jos

      Delete
    2. So? kuwda must be done, so what's the big deal if he eavesdropped on his mom's convo, you can't exactly cal that bad manners right now, sometimes, some eavesdropping could be for the greater good, lol
      -Funke, ilorin

      Delete
  2. When mom plots, hmmn, lol
    -Lyndsay Fairweather, england

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has to put an end to this nightmare
    -Lisa, leeds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly little family
    -Samir, india

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a fucking idiot for saying that samir, how dare you call someone's family silly, it's not compulsory you come on here, if you've wasted your time, get the hell out
      -Nisser, west indies

      Delete
    2. samir is a pure punk, you all should just ignore him
      -Pam, usa

      Delete
    3. That awesome moment when the amazeballs come for a commenter, lol..maj feeling like bey right now, lol
      -VAUGHAN PH

      Delete
  5. nice post..ove the ending about making lemon meringue pie..momma is a slayer, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post
    -Klaus

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, seen
    Nneka

    ReplyDelete
  8. enjoyed this

    ReplyDelete