Tuesday 1 March 2016

A jack of one trade

They say if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans! Growing up as a kid, I was brought up to not only adore God and fear him but also see him as my best friend and confidant and as such encouraged to constantly  lay all  my desires and plans before him, which, trust me, I did all the time...I told God all of my plans, projects and dreams and thinking about it in hindsight now, I think I must have sent him chuckling really hard...holding his chest as he doubled over with mirth at my strive when he had other plans for me.

Growing up, I had dreams just like every other kid to either be a lawyer or doctor, engineer and other "big" professions but as the tide of life took me on its fast paced course, it gradually narrowed my waves of ambitions to the one thing that had been constant, which I did without much effort and that I love doing but most neglected....writing.


Writing for Kuwda  has been quite interesting...though I must say, no job is easy, even if it's something you are passionate about. It's been cathartic in the sense that, it affords me the opportunity to unburden my soul and talk about issues in my family hence giving me a sense of relieve by just talking about it. As we know, a lot of people bottle up so much issues and family drama inside of them for so long and over time they become so bitter and sensitive but to some extent, I've been able to avoid that as Kuwda has served as some form of therapy session besides  it looking like some sort of  memoir yet providing entertainment, information and enlightenment to many across the globe.

Putting my family dramas, ups and downs of life et al on blog hasn't been plain sailing, I have been constantly insulted by people who thought low of me for putting our stories out there, others think am trying so hard to copy kim kardashian, occasionally becoming a victim of steady vitriol being spewed my way by trolls whilst promoting each episode of Kuwda on social media, while this is to be expected and part of the job, undue and negative criticism takes its toll on the soul.

How I deal with this is to take the constructive criticisms out of the pot pouri of jibes and venom then laugh in the face of haters! Now I know how celebrities worldwide cope when being bashed on a daily by haters, it's tough. On the other hand, I've also had an overwhelming acceptance by fans all over the world,  the fans which by the way are constantly growing organically everyday, with their sweet words, encouragement and simply learning, getting informed and entertained makes it all worth it to continue writing. I still intend and do pursue a regular job on the side but writing provides a sort of high for me that is indescribable especially when I have to put down a piece on some juicy drama that had happened in the family. 

So I guess you could call me a jack of one trade...writing!  Lol

KEEP UP

13 comments:

  1. God would by his grace make you reap its bountiful benefits, you are doing a good job and we all know being a writer is intellectually tasking, you're talented indeed and God is your streght
    -Melanie S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a jack of one trade indeed, i love how you work with words, we are keeping up man, shun the haters, it's a reflection of how sad they are in their own lives
    -VAUGHAN PH

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is kuwda? asking for my peace of mind
    -Vanessa, palm springs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keeping up with d adagiris..acronym dummie
      -West, usa

      Delete
  4. proud of you maj, pls never stop writing
    -Simbi, zaria

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww! you doing a good job but i still am of the opinion that we should always talk to God, irrespective of our plans and what he has in stock, do your best, leave the rest
    -Natalie wells

    ReplyDelete
  6. i enjoy reading kuwda, it is wholesome and interesting, GOD WILL UPLIFT YOU MAJ, TROLLS ARE EVERYWHERE, JUST KEEP IGNORING THEM
    Yvonne, ghana

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are keeping up maj

    ReplyDelete
  8. you just continue to do you maj
    -RUFUS, ONDO

    ReplyDelete
  9. it would all end with praise, just keep trudging on
    -Maryam, ilorin

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice piece maj

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmmn, spot on piece maj

    ReplyDelete