Sunday 10 August 2014

Pills and Potions 1


When two strong men engage in a physical combat in a family apartment...properties around them suffer- Maj 2014


A shirtless Karl roared like an injured lion when he pushed an equally shirtless QT so hard and violently that it sent QT flying in the air,his hands frantically trying to find support mid-air as he went down, landed with a heavy thud on the dining table,his hands pushing off the ceramic tea cups placed in a stainless steel tray on the table which were sent flying in different direction as they went down, smashing on the floor and catapulting broken glasses everywhere, QT struggled up quickly,blood trickling down from a cut sustained from one of the broken cups that slit his skin,he didn't even seem to notice or feel a thing,his face flushed with fury,rushed at Karl,strangling him by his neck who in turn dealt him with a jaw breaking blow that sent his saliva shooting all over !


I screamed at both of them to stop fighting as they seemed intent at killing each other while I retreated back for fear of having my teeth smashed off,in the face of the deadly punches I see them throwing at each other totally blinded by rage, they won't grow back if I loose them.



Hamz who was in the room upstairs when the fight started,rushed downstairs on hearing a commotion go on and like the strong man that he is, threw himself between the two brawling men to separate them, it was a bad move because in the heat of the moment and not realising he was there, QT punched Hamz on his left eyebrow that made Hamz instinctively cover his forehead, reeling with agony on the floor,I dashed to his side and pulled him by the arm away to the living room,his forehead now heavily swollen,Hamz cried like a baby, jerking with pangs of intense pain as I tried to apply pressure on the swollen area. It was obvious he was in deep pain,that was when QT and Karl stopped fighting instinctively, Hamz's cries obviously caught their attention,the look of horror crept into their faces as they saw Hamz lying on the rug in intense pain and the trail of destruction their brawl had left.

Fifteen minutes of violent fight and tea cups shattered,one dining table leg broken,mom's dolphin figurines smashed,kitchen door left with a deep gash,glass door of the mahogany book shelf broken and the boys?

QT is left with cuts and bruises everywhere with a swollen cheek while Karl was left with a swollen lip,blood trickling down his nose and cuts and bruises everywhere,Hamz obviously is on the floor with a swollen forehead and me? Psychologically disturbed with shock...trust me,it is deep.

Both brothers Karl and QT rushed to Hamz's side as I released my hands from his forehead to realise the swollen area is now distended with blood and already trickling down from a tiny gash on top it, QT pushed Karl away asking him to get away from his brother,I quickly stretched my hands between them and asked Karl to keep cool. Turning to QT,I let rip,

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU QATARI....HAMZ IS KARL'S BROTHER AS MUCH AS YOU"

I rasped,QT looked up at me as though am some sort of traitor,a cockroach that needs to be fumigated,his arms pinning down Hamz's hands to prevent him from touching his head,his nostrils expanding and contrasting with each breath, said to me


"On whose side are you? Huh?" His temper rising...

"ON WHOSE FUCKING SIDE MAJ? ME YOUR FUUUULL BLOODED BROTHER OR THE MULATTO BASTARD"

Karl pushed QT away on hearing that and another fight ensued,again,I pulled Hamz away from the ruckus and picking my phone,I put a call through to mom,moving upstairs to get a clearer audibility, Hamz whimpered,moaning for me not to leave him alone,I could totally relate because our brothers behaviour is totally strange,so I decided to sit by Hamz and make the call,it would make perfect sense so mom would hear clearly how his sons are tearing down her house. At that moment, Garuba the gateman came in upon hearing a fracas go on inside the house and seeing QT beneath Karl receiving blows to his body ( I mean,Karl is QT's elder and served in the american army...the americaaannn arrrrmyyy, hmmn!)

Quickly weighed in and pulled Karl away, QT sprung up,fists clenched and still ready to go,as he made to throw a punch at Karl,Garuba intercepted the blow with his palm and twisted QT's hand backward and pinned him in that manner,as QT kept barking for Garuba to release him or face his wrath when he is through with Karl

"I won't release you...I won't release you"

Garuba responded in his typically hausa accented english. He turned to face me while still keeping QT firmly pinned, Karl's eyes red with anger and disappointment,running his hands through his disheveled hair

"Why didn't you do anything to stop them as dem they fight" as he said that,he saw Hamz lay on the floor with his head on my laps,he immediately got the idea, without much ado,he pulled a struggling QT away from the house and towards his small room by the gate,asking me to call mom and i told him I already did,the door slammed close and we could still hear QT struggling and shouting at Garuba to be set free as they moved on towards his room.


Karl sighed as I tried to stand up to go and pick some ice cubes from the refrigerator to apply on Hamz's head and then Karl's body,Hamz yelped with sharp pain coursing through his head as I stood up,Karl came by my side,his body sweaty and dirty,his torso, hard and bulging,dirtied and riddled with bruises and cuts and dried blood,sweat trickling down his armpit and oozing the same masculine smell as my brothers,it made me smile despite all that's happened because the smell reinforced the fact that we are blood,not only a brother by our father but full-fledged brother,we had even the same smell...oh no,the same smell as my brothers,me? Lol,do I even have a masculine smell? Lol! Story for another day.

Karl carried Hamz away from me and placed him delicately on his thighs,I didn't notice his eyes were wet with tears as he apologised to Hamz who smiled awkwardly,totally surprised at his sudden outburst of emotion,I was too,

"Stop it brother, brothers fight,don't pay any attention to what QT said to you,you are our brother from the same parent,not just dad,he's just mad" Hamz said to a now smiling Karl who was nodding his head and sniffing,Hamz continued...

"...that is why you should expect equal punishment from mom when she comes back...our sister has told mom"

he said,beaming with smiles,he and Karl both and as my mouth opened to fire back,both of them cringed in pain from their injuries,I nodded my head in a sign that they got what they deserved. I begged Karl not to be upset, apologising on behalf of QT as I handed him a bag of ice cubes to apply on Hamz while I applied another, ever so softly on swollen areas on his body,being a partly white guy,his injuries made him look like an extra on some horror flick,he nodded and said he knew as brothers,there were meant to be fights sometimes and that infact,he had expected the worst when he was coming to nigeria but that he was cool,QT was just upset and said those nasty things to him,Hamz and I squeezed his hands in show of love and support.

I went out to meet QT outside Garuba's room who simply raised his hands at me in a sign for me not to say a word,I sensed he wasn't calm yet,so I went back inside,got a cotton wool swab heavily doused with spirit,ice cube bags and cold water and took to him,at first he acted like I wasn't even there when I presented all to him but when a housefly perched on his cut at that moment,tickling him and instinctively slapped the area which hurt him deep as he had forgotten he had a cut there,he collected all I had brought him while Garuba stood up to help him,I smiled while he returned my smile with an icy look,I turned back and went into the house.


Mom's car horn buzzed at the gate and Garuba had just open the first half of the sprawling gate when mom drove in,she turned off the ignition then headlight and with her best foot forward,stepped out of the car,flicked her naturally long hair off her no-smiling face,her purse and office files in hands,slammed the car door shut,I had gone to welcome her and collect her purse and files but raised her hand at me not to bother...mother is pissed and she's about to rain on all of us...what caused the fight in the first place? Pills? Portions?

KEEP UP

36 comments:

  1. Woooow! As much as it breaks my heart that Karl and QT fought,this is true family,this is real,wow! I've been waiting for a really messy,violent fight by men,yeah! But why karl na? Chai! But anyway,it's long overdue,brothers fight and we wait for what caused it,Maj,Maj,Maj, you and suspense,ohhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. We disagree to agree yes? It's a normal thing,guys hardly fight but when they do,it is always very bloody and violent,best thing about being a guy? Once it's over,it is over,no malice,keeping up to finding out what caused the fight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice piece,very vivid but hold on a minute,is it portions or potions? Please correct

    Karl adagiri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Hold on,Karl? Is that really you?

      Delete
    2. Yes,it's me karl,came to read maj's account of the incident

      Delete
  4. Lol,very apt, when two strong men fight,properties around them suffer. You guys broke the dining table leg,glass cups,mom's figurines? Ah! Trouble is brewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violence should never be tolerated amongst siblings,what if hamz wasn't around?and garuba,would they beat themselves to death?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maj is obviously incapable of weighing in but if you were raised in lagos,you would know that siblings are left to beat themselves and whoever wins is the senior,lol

      Delete
  6. At the end of the day,boys would always be boys

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get it when male siblings fight but to the extent of it getting bloody and swollen body parts,ah you guys shouldn't give your mother high blood pressure

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok,given the synopsis on this posts,am guessing mom thought someone is using voodoo on the family and went to consult marabouts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Nice piece, brothers clash but their bond is stronger than concrete,I also have an all-male sibling and we fight sometimes and we have fun
    Oscar from l.a CAL

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a matter of urgency,mom should lay a rule against violence in the house,am waiting for the next episode to find out what caused all these fracas
    Rebecca the hot gurl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo! Lol,the scuffle was real mehn! Love you adagiri brothers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't honestly be supporting violence ,are you now?

      Delete
  12. Maj obviously doesn't want to ruin his cute looks hence not intervening in the fight,lol, oh and y'all amazeball,search and join the kuwda fan page search keeping up with d adagiris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes ooo,please search and join the fan page on facebook KEEPING UP WITH D ADAGIRIS and you all should check my blog http://www.timmynaija.com one love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am blow away,this is so vivid and surreal,am having a de javu moment,like I've experienced this before

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karl and. qt took pills and mom thought it was potions! Am I right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Talented writer,I love how you started the story and the ending,very super

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kamsy £rmani Kimarni10 August 2014 at 11:54

    And so what could make two full grown men of late 20's to exchange blows right inside the living room, causing a brouhaha at home and in the neighborhood.. Maj hope u've not done something terrible now, better come over and narrate how it all started..cos am eager to knw the reasons why they broke mum's dolphin figurine. lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the brothers are in their mid 20s and how could maj cause the rift betwwen qt and karl

      Delete
  18. Its always vry sad to see or hear dat brothers fought. Well dy re men bt not fight to d extend of hurting each other dat bad.... karl I guess dis is Welcome to d family frm QT... nd I hope its d last we hear. #RED

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my days ogini? Wetin happen I taught dey so cool well fight must happen one day tho but mehn it was too brutal and what's up with Qatari with the story of the God's that they are not full blood save that for your baby mama. Adagiri is an Adagiri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree,an adagiri would always be an adagiri,strong,amazing bond! Boys fight,brothers fight,it's common

      Delete
  20. I think it should be potions not portions,please correct maj

    ReplyDelete
  21. For all your trending videos,check www.jaychoc.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The way is always so tender and loving towards maj and now hamz is too awkward don't you all think? Especially majeed,he's just too caring and tender,too much for brotherhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ofcourse he's very tender towards his brothers,he never had any growing up and suddenly in his 20s,he realised he has some siblings and all boys,definitely,he would value them more,were you assuming he was shagging maj? Ah!

      Delete
  23. When guys who are siblings fight like this,it is because they have no girlfriends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What planet are you from dummy?

      Delete
  24. This is deep oo! It's been so long the brothers had a fight that got violent,so I would say,this is healthy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Am a new fan and am hooked on kuwda! Am an american,do I get a permission to start a fan page for keeping up with d adagiris, north america?
    Am dylan,I would send you an email now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you for real? Like seriously,God willing,kuwda would go places,silicon valley paying kuwda attention,lotta retweets on twitter,etc,wow! Maj,please keep it up

      Delete
  26. Please maj,upload pics na and we're waiting for what caused the fight

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know a talented writer when you see one

    ReplyDelete