Monday 21 April 2014

The cover up 2

She stood by the door way,holding the door hinge n calling out on my brothers as I stood beside her,stretching my neck behind her to get a view of the room,mom turned back and I quickly got myself in order, "Maj, r u still here,before I loose my temper this early morning,u clear yourself out of my sight! What nonsense,do u think you're a kid?running around in your underwear" Mom barked,she was mid-sentence when I'd quickly turn to go when she called me back n asked where my brothers were,at that moment,lots of options of lies flashed through my mind but I have to be careful,mom didn't get to where she got to professionally being an idiot,she's very smart and can perceive lies when u utter one, "em..." Scratching my head "i think they went jogging" ,she took a good look at me,a rather condescending look but which says i-hope-for-ur-sake-u-are-right, cos obviously,my fussing over her n the distraction,she could sense I was trying to hide something and it wasn't my usual behavior to act that way,she nodded her head abit,sighed and left,I stood there,relaxing my back on the wall,as I prayed in my mind I hope I didn't fuck up
      It was 6:15 when my brothers called my line,I was wearing my long flowing jalamia and pinging on the praying mat,I let out a small groan,stood up and went downstairs to open the door for them. Reeking of cigarette smoke obviously from the condensed cigarette smoke in the club, stale sweat,mix of perfume,probably from hugging people and dancing with them ,I rubbed my nose to show they ooze,QT smiled n pretended to wanna slap me,I pushed his hands away as Karl and Hamz made signs towards Mom's room and lip synching,asking me if the coast was clear and all is super,I nodded my head in the negative,my brothers mouth went agape with horror, mouthing still,Hamz asked if they were in trouble,squeezing my mouth at the corners,I shook my head n went to the dining table to get a sheet of paper and pen and wrote all what had happened, Hamz had his hands on his head,stamping his feet but making sure it made no noise,QT had his hands on his chin like in a worried state,I just asked them to quickly go and change and shower,they thanked me,took off their shoes which let out a foul smell of smelly feet as they tiptoed upstairs,I shook my head and followed them upstairs to my room,unknown to us Mom had installed security cameras around the house and in the sitting room....actually we knew but we had totally forgotten we still had them,mom got them installed after we had a robbery attack some months back,fans from FB would recall. Brothers showered,prayed and look like they could use some sleep but Mom had called us on our respective lines to get to our house chore duties as it was weekend, Hamz approached me in the kitchen walking like he would drop any moment but I knew he was just acting,I knew what he wanted, "um maj brother,pls I know u have lots on ur plate already but would u b so nice to help me do mine,plssssssss" he said,I smiled and responded "so u don party,grabbed boobs,asses,gulped drinks,left me at home,that isn't enough *Hamz smiling* u want me to help u do ur chores,Hamz,u r MAAAD", he laughed out now and begged me,trying to make me see reason but I declined. We did our respective chores and breakfast of bread and tea with grilled salmon was ready,we sat to eat and mom cleared her throat as Karl forked a large chunk of fish to his mouth and QT was chewing and about to swallow when she asked "how was the party boys" OMG! Karl's fork dropped,QT choked on his food and my jaw dropped,but u might ask why we have no freedom to party and go clubbing,etc,its Mom oo and her ideals and policies,she doesn't allow us to do that or wear chain or jewelry (we do it secretly and only when going for parties) and even though we r in our early 20s,there are certain areas she vetoes and keeps us caged and because of religion's importance accorded parents and fact that she was the one who raised us single handedly,we find it hard to flagrantly disobey her, she continued, "so...Karl,QT,Hamz,how was the party?" Hamz gave me an icy look like I sold them out,it only changed when Mom faced me to tell me am also in trouble for trying to cover up for them, they kept stammering and mom told them she saw them on the feed from the security cams,they opened their mouth in surprise,totally forgotten we had those but shockingly,mom didn't chastise them,she simply nodded her head and digged in into her food,my brothers didn't know whether to be happy or still expecting mom's punishment.
       "Jeez,this is such a fuckup!" Hamz said walking into my room and hitting the bed in feigning rage,Karl and QT coming after him,QT falling on my expansive bed and Karl sitting on rug,I simply kept typing on my laptop,"my fans have been putting pressure on me to have an interview with my brothers,so am thinking we do it now" I said turning to look at my brothers, they laughed asking me if I would pay,Karl chipped in asking about our intended fashion venture just like the kardashian dash clothing line,QT roared with laughter,saying "have u read nigerian celeb news lately? Psquare is breaking up,what if we also break up,what would happen?" We all laughed but the thought stuck, could money or women ever separate me and my brothers? Only time would tell....KEEP UP

1 comment:

  1. Hello maj I love ur write up u are such a good writer

    ReplyDelete