Thursday 20 November 2014

Beards



It is not often that me and my brothers go to the barbershop together to have our haircut obviously because our hair growth differs and also when one is ready to have a shave or haircut,the other might not be ready,so when the occasion comes up where we all go to the barbershop,we always find it fun until this day.

Strolling into the barbing salon with my brothers who were engaged in a banter,we all greeted the man in charge as I quickly sat directly under the split airconditioner to cool down from the blistering heat I had to endure trekking down to the salon

"So how do you want it?" The barber asked Karl who was sitting on the executive,whirl-around chair,he dug his fingers into his wavy mop of lush black hair and turned to face us

"Should I chop it all off?" He asked with a dry grin


"I think you should,let's see you in low cut like the rest of us and altogether create a new look" Hamz opined

"Whatever you choose to do,am with you" QT said with a shrug

"And you maj...you know I admire your wisdom alot ,what do you think?" Karl asked

"Well, shave off your beards and leave your hair,I love it wavy and long" I said,moving to the huge mirror on the wall,rubbing my bushy beard with subtle irritation.

The barber's clipper whizzed on while he sterilized the equipment,getting ready to shave off Karl's bushy beard

"You know I hate beards right?" I said,not talking to anyone in particular

"You hate so many things Maj" Hamz chipped in

"You want to know what I really hate right now?" I said,still rubbing my beards

"Brenda!"

"Brenda?" QT exclaimed,turning to face me in a flash

"Isn't she the new girl you seeing now?"

"Remind me who brenda is oo" Hamz said mockingly

"Brenda...mr vaughn's daughter,have you forgotten?" I asked,rather disappointed

"Oh yea,she, ehen! What about her?" Hamz inquired and almost immediately,as if totally figuring it all out,he blurted

"OH LORD! Are you guys beards? As in who is the bearded and the beardee"

QT and Karl expressed mock shock amidst an amused face,all looking at me,even the barber guy paused,all staring at my lips to move and shed more light

"Well obviously she plays for the other team and wants me to be her beard...we were about making out after taking her to the cinema when she told me all these...to say I was dumbfounded would be an understatement"

Karl shook his head slightly and whispered

"And she's got a slim sleek bod with victoria's secret's angels curves...such a waste" at which Hamz yelled in disappointment

The barber guy also smiled wryly,shook his head and whizzed the clipper back on and continued shaving Karl's beard,tears stinged my eyes as I felt the loss of never having brenda,Hamz saw my eyes and held my hands,squeezing it tenderly,he said to me

"It's ok brother! Shits happens and if it's any consolation,even myself,I've never slept with a white girl before,so just calm down"

I looked at him with a mix of anger and laughter,everyone dissolved into gales of laughter,I just shook my head and nodded in agreement. Soon it was my turn and the guy asked me how I wanted it

"Should I carve the beards?"

I looked at him as though some irritant and looking back at my reflection in the mirror,I exclaimed

"SHAVE IT ALL OFF"

KEEP UP

6 comments:

  1. lol,short but concise..maj is pissed

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it jsut me or does maj always talk about all things gay

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe it's close to home or maybe cos it is controversial and sensitive,good for books

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice piece,made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. why didnt this make me laugh and who is brenda again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. brenda brenda ,in ehhhhh, first impressions,the daughter of the german guy,lol,mr vaughn,yea,yea,oh lord,team G?

    ReplyDelete