Tuesday 19 July 2016

Soundtrack to my life!


Mood!
Being Maj has been quite the roller coaster of sort...a pot pouri of events, good and bad, occurrences, spontaneous and planned, highs and lows, blows and exhilarations, cries and laughter, life's crosses and reliefs, baggages and freedom, sweats and yields, losses and gains and through every stage and step on this journey, music has being a great part of it all.

Music for me is a form of art of sound in a particular pattern or rhythm capable of steering or evoking different emotion in you depending on how you feel at that moment. It's one of my go-to source for calm, inspiration, excitement and therapy. This post couldn't adequately detail the entire soundtrack to my life but I would try to share a few lessons-in-songs you could take away from my life so far. 


 SCHOOLING LIFE isn't something you learn in a book, trust me I have had to learn the hard way, the only way. I've been CRAZY and DRUNK IN LOVE, had my moments of unassailable EGO and thought I was IRREPLACEABLE, At other times, I've felt like a BROKEN HEARTED GIRL which was a weird way to feel and a distraught place to be in but who hasn't been heart broken before? If I got a million dollars for the many times I've been hurt, I will buy out facebook, lol. I have also encountered BEAUTIFUL LIARs and it taught me that PRETTY HURTS indeed. There was a time in my life where as a result of my insecurities and effeminate issues, I felt HAUNTED, thinking perhaps, I did many a great wrong in my previous life to deserve this in my present life...yes, being an avid reader makes you a world citizen, you believe in many things from many cultures around the globe or at least make use of so many ideas and tips you have picked up on the way through your journey through books, including the beliefs in previous and after lifes, it's crazy! LISTEN, one of the things I've learnt is, whatever it is you have been through, own your life, PARTITION the shafts from your essence, DON'T HURT YOURSELF, UPGRADE YOU often, don't be complacent, HOLD UP when necessary, be quick to say SORRY especially when you are wrong, love your fathers, it's the BEST THING I NEVER HAD and know that SWEET DREAMS do come  true, all these and more I have learnt from listening to Beyonce who I believe is a great entertainer and social influencer.

IMMORTALITY is something I believe everyone can achieve based on what gifts you possess and how you deliver it to the world...for writers, they achieve this by putting  their works out there which are read through time, including all persons gifted in one way or the other, musical artistes, inventors, etc, IF YOU ASK ME TO, I will say, TAKING CHANCES is one of the ways to know for sure if you will be well received, I did this with #Kuwda , I never would have known if it would be an art well worth it or not if I had still been procrastinating over it since 2010 till date. Personally, it's been a public diary well worth it. The POWER OF LOVE is great indeed, many a time, I have felt so dead inside and wondered who will LOVE ME BACK TO LIFE, I have felt so ALONE and GOODBYE'S have been so recurring not just on amoral relationships but on familial relationships with relatives and loved ones I had lost rather suddenly and  unexpectedly through death, and I had thought, "just TELL HIM", that is to tell God all my troubles because I kept thinking, "WHERE DOES MY HEART BEATS NOW" , I felt alone and ALL BY MYSELF despite having family and friends around me, I wanted to ask God so many questions but as that is a blasphemy, I thought , well, "I SURRENDER" but that would go against everything my Mom had taught me to be, one of which is to be a survivor against all odds. WILL MY HEART GO ON away from the hurt and pain that I feel at this time? After so much prayer seeking the face of God and just being dogged and throwing myself to my school work and at life itself and all it threw my way, everything eventually resolved itself, I feel I'M ALIVE now more than ever and that I AM MY OWN ANGEL, all these lessons and a lot more I've been able to pick from listening to Celine Dion practically all my life.

I've learnt from Katy Perry that life is NOT LIKE THE MOVIES, where you could literally be WALKING ON AIR or have sparks of FIREWORKS going on around you all the time, TEENAGE DREAMS comes to an end and reality beckons, you climb off your DARK HORSE of a unicorn and get WIDE AWAKE, throw yourself into the struggle, CIRCLE THE DRAIN lest life sucks you into its hole and by THE GRACE OF GOD, we will all make it, because THIS IS HOW WE DO IT! A lot of artistes have inspired me through time and going in depth on all the artistes and how, would make this post unduly long but I hope in a way, I've been able to inspire you all through songs that have been part of my life's soundtrack!

KEEP UP!

14 comments:

  1. You didn't do bad, am impressed
    Nikki, west indies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol maj, very lovely post and quite talented at writing a story off the many songs by 3 artistes but the songs could have been in italics and you ended up just advicing but i loved this. dope
    -Lyndsay Fairweather,England

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful maj, just beautiful, am glad you didn't use songs by rap artists, i would have been disappointed
    -Lola, USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. How old are you maj? am asking cos you look 16 and i'm wondering especially since hamz looks older than you, cutie you
    -Melanie, Wales

    ReplyDelete
  5. talented maj, you're talented, writing this off the tracks of artistes,you didn't do shabby but the songs ought to be in italics, it makes it seem as though you were shouting as it is in caps
    -Indira rakesh, India

    ReplyDelete
  6. short, concise and to the point with music but the pic is wrong, you should have used one with you dancing whilst listening to music via headphones
    -Lourdes, australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. maj....am impressed, quite nice
    -VAUGHAN, PH

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmn, this makes me ponder over what are mysoundtracks to my own life
    -Ndubisi, lagos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your titles are always intriguing and loved how you sort of summarized your ups and downs in life in songs by just 3 artists so beautifully.
    -DONTAY CAMPBELL USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. wasn't impressed
    -THE GREAT ANON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. idiot that you are.
      -Aisha, abuja

      Delete
    2. everyone is entitled to air their opin ions @ aisha
      -Ngozi

      Delete